Emu Emulator X3 with Gig Performer

Thanks again for your efforts into looking into this!

No, it is only because Reaper x64 can also run 32-bit plugins alongside 64-bit processes, and it uses as well AU, DX, LV2, JSFX, CLAP and ARA v2.

I know that, but:

1. I made sure Emulatorx.dll was a 64bit dll
  2. I checked whether Reaper was running the side-car for hosting 32bit plugins (and it wasn’t)

@dhj found the root cause:

Just to add to this, nobody should use plugins that aren’t really properly tested AND supported for any critical needs (such as live performance)

If a plugin doesn’t work but is still supported, we are truly happy to work with the developer to figure out the problem, whether it’s in their code or hours.

If there’s no developer, we are not going to spend any time trying to make unsupported plugins work. There are thousands of working and supported plugins from which to choose😀

7 Likes

I do agree you shouldn’t use untested plugins for critical needs. Emulator X3 though does work pretty well with Reason 10 and Ableton Live 10 but not with Gig Performer which is no big deal as I have plugins that work with Gig Performer. My inquiry was more curiosity. Having played around with Emulator X3 I would say it’s too bad that Emu was bought out and went under as this software had a lot of potential and is very useful to me even in its present state. Btw very pleased with my Windows trial of Gig Performer

Gig Performer was originally released in late 2016.
Since the plugin is abandonware + doesn’t understand some basic dispatcher commands, the best is to find a proper alternative :slight_smile:

Note also that Gig Performer exercises plugins more rigorously than most DAWs, therefore if a plugin works in your setup, it is unlikely that it will crash your system out of the blue on stage.