Drum kit plus other plugins in the global rackspace

Could someone upload a very simple rackspace demonstrating a VST in the GRS with a gain control in the normal rackspace. Thanks.

Okā€¦ the active pattern within Strike2 (Intro, fills, etcā€¦) will be played by receiving the according note message, and these will of course vary during the progress of a song.
But do you really adjust the diffrent volumes (kick, snareā€¦) on the fly during play???
How many and which of those parameters had to be accessed then?
I thought of something like ā€œCall a particular presetā€ (which will include, the drum set and the style) and then play the desired patterns by sending the according note messages.

Thinking about the Strike plugin - Iā€™ve decided to just keep it in the local rackspace and load from there as needed. Too complicated and too many variables to change. otherwise. And then I will then just load a handful of plugins into the GRS such as harmonica, pedal steel, organ etc as a starter. Iā€™ve asked for sample rackspace to get me started.

Deleted

Here you go - I just used the built in plugin Audio Player to demonstrate so you donā€™t need anything other than GP to see it work. Three variations in a Local Rack that change the volume of Lane 1 in a Global Audio Player.

Demo Local Control of Global.gig (43.4 KB)

2 Likes

Many thanks for that!
Iā€™ve been experimenting over the weekend on two gigfiles containing 20 rackspaces each. I have transfered oft used plugins from the local to the global rackspace. The first gigfile shaved 19 seconds off the loading time, and the second reduced the loading time by 88 seconds. These are significant gains for me and I am very pleased with the results. Predictive turned off using a Surface Pro 8 with 16gig ram.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little (a lot) late with thisā€¦sorry about that! I put my setup in this thread here.