Crash: New or Updated Plugin (VB3-II Now Unstable)?

Yes - I use many different patches with the VB3-II but each plugin instance is within its own rackspace. Until recently, it has never caused me issues.

Playing around with the Blue3 right now. It’s different but I love it. So many ways to customize.

The only thing that’s causing me grief is many presets have the volume too hot so the output level goes above 0 db and distorts. I have to turn down the output volume considerably to avoid going into the upper yellow and red. I can create my own patches with the proper output, but also I can assign a widget to the output control.

I have driven VB3 II for about a year in Cantabile 3 performer and had several crashes. Bought a new laptop and switched to Gig Performer and then switched to IK B-3X and now it works great. But I miss VB3 II when I drove it through Amplitube leslie, VB3 has a good overdrive. In my new laptop I do not get VB3 II to work, the xml file that stores the global data is emptied of info every time you restart VB3. Has full rights etc. in Windows but that does not solve the problem.

I’m glad you and others are reporting these stability issues with the VB3-II. GSi seems to be in denial that VB3-II has problems outside of Gig Performer. Wonder if your issue with global data occurs in both VST2 and VST3?

I finished updating my gig in Gig Performer today. I tweaked and created presets using Blue3. Then I replaced all instances of VB3-II with Blue3. Hopefully my Monday rehearsal will go well with no crashes and Blue3 sounding good in a band context. No crashes today with VB3-II removed.

@stoffel recommends using the PSP L’Otary with preset 147 over the built-in Leslie variations that come with Blue3. I will try PSP L’Otary once I get past the next few rehearsals and gigs. I like the Blue3 Leslie choices after tweaking them and learning the parameters. However, I still think the VB3-II is better in that category.

I miss other sonic aspects of the VB3-II but it’s fading the more I use Blue3. Blue3 is highly customizable and I’ve just scratched the surface. I want to try experiments to see if I can make Blue3 replicate some of my favorite VB3-II presets. Every organ has its own character and so do organ plugins.

As much as I love the VB3-II, on a live gig stability is paramount. I will still use the VB3-II in the studio for recording.

2 Likes