[blog] How to use a single-client ASIO driver with multiple applications on Windows

Link: Gig Performer | How to use a single-client ASIO driver with multiple applications on Windows

Honorable mentions:

• FlexASIO - I used to experiment with two instances of Gig Performer and it worked, but it was not stable enough for serious use (prone to crashing, initialization errors, text based config (although 3rd party GUI tool exists)).
  • VoiceMeeter - in my tests it had latency issues, but I see that people use it e.g., this YouTube video for Zoom sessions, and another example is Rocksmith streaming on Twitch (click here to learn more).

Other: How to route audio and MIDI on Windows and macOS [resources]

4 Likes

I tried Voicemeeter when I was using a Steinberg UR22 audio interface. I can confirm that it worked correctly and without bugs, but I didn’t pay attention to the impact of latency as it was not a live use. The buffer was set to 44.1/256.
This helped me a lot before I bought a Babyface Pro interface. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For people wondering what to do with single-client MIDI drivers, here a tip :slight_smile:LINK

Could this be an additional candidate ?

I think that on Windows the MIDI support by jack is only for jack enabled applications:

When you read this faq, it looks as if the asio support (which is luckily there) is a kind of courtesy, not particularly their main goal.

Then the main goal is not very clear to me… :thinking:

Yes, it could. I see that it is regularly developed (the latest release is published 4 days ago).

Unfortunately, I haven’t tried it yet, but it is on my radar.

Jack is pretty neat, and open source.

It’s designed to be an open source cross platform low latency application to application audio routing program.

Some time ago i was going to toss out the idea of the devs looking at the Jack interface (which I believe is available in Juce) as a mechanism for inter-instance audio routing. But i thought i should do some more playing with it before making such a suggestion, and i never got around to it.

ASIO is not the main goal because it’s a Linux/Mac/windows thing, and ASIO is purely a windows thing. But it does offer ASIO on windows.

1 Like

Please, report it if you do so. :wink:

JACK is here: [blog] How to set up live streaming using OBS, Gig Performer and JACK router

3 Likes

Anybody tried the System Audio Bridge? (free)
→ a small plugin for Windows that brings system audio inside your DAW using WASAPI loopback.

I got this error message.

I installed this, no issues here.

The plugin works as you said, bringing in audio of an app from outside GP.
The sound quality seems good. The plugin has no UI, no controls at all, so make sure the volume of the app producing the source audio is at a reasonable level. Minimal CPU usage–less than 1%.

2 Likes