Best "lightweight" piano and organ VSTs in Windows

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=44

I’ve had V1 VB3 for several years. Then I upgraded to V2 VB3 and found the rotary wasn’t nearly as good (in my opinion). So I use V1 all the time now. Others will recommend Blue 3, It all depends on the ears of the user. I carted around on a trailer a Hammond T500 and a Leslie 147 for a few years, and when I first found VB3 V1, I was stunned with its realism. I was playing at a public gig recently and I used VB3 V1 with my Alexis Wireless Vortex. A guy as he was leaving said in passing, “ Love the sound of the Hammond.” The secret for me is stabbing the fast speed momentarily not leaving it on for long periods (Booker T is my idol).

1 Like

I bouoght the VB3 V2 and much prefer it to Blue 3 because the presets sound so good with very little tweaking required, interesting to hear your comments about the rotary though. Thanks for the reply.

What do they put in the presets to make them so particular or difficult to reproduce from one B3 plugin to the other ?

I have very little experience with organs and hoping to learn a lot more about playing and getting the sounds I like so that make me a bit of a preset man rather than a tweaker in this instance. I guess I could try and emulate the sounds I like from the VB3 to the Blue 3 by copying the settings but why bother?
My point is that to my ears the VB3 sounds much better straight out the box than Blue 3 does with lots of very usable great sounding preset which suits me, maybe when I know more about it and have the time I may be able to tweak Blue 3 to sound as good or even better but right now I’m happy with VB3.

Because it would be interesting to know if Blue3 can be made to sound the same as VB3

1 Like

Take a look at this thread:

Blue3 v. B4II

I think (and that is my taste) the most important thing is not the organ itself, it is the leslie and - if needed - the distortion effect.

I’m pretty tied up with learning lots of new stuff at the moment but you are right, it would be interesting and maybe I will give it a go sometime.

I am using HaNonB70 organ (free vst) work great on my vortex

1 Like

How do you find out if a vst is modelled or not? Does the company tell you before you buy?

Download of sampled is much heavier than modeled.

Usually the developer will say on the product page. There will be references to the size of the sample library, etc