I’m attaching two small Windows-created gigfiles. They have two rackspaces, each with a single Battery instance. On the Mac, I first open “BATTERY 4.2.0 Mac-VST only.gig”, and open the first Battery instance. I then have to point Battery to my user library (you won’t have this). Doesn’t matter whether I click “apply to other Battery instances”, same result either way. Now I can hear this Battery instance. So then I open the second rackspace, and I can’t hear this Battery instance, so I open it, and now I can hear it. I do Save As, with new name “BATTERY 4.2.0 Win-VST only, mac-resaved.gig” - you don’t have to do this, as I’ve attached that file too.
So now I open “BATTERY 4.2.0 Win-VST only, mac-resaved.gig” on the Mac. The fact that I’d already pointed the Battery instances to my user library apparently did not stick, b/c I have to do it again, and I also have to open the second Battery instance again to get it to sound. That is the issue. It works as expected on Windows, but not on the Mac.
Anyway, unless you can think of a reason why this might be a GP issue, I think at this point I need to hear back from NI as to why Native Access is installing non-matching versions.
I opened BATTERY Stadium 4.2.0 Win-VST only.gig
Then I had to give the folder where to find samples and then it was working.
Seems you did not install Battery 4 drumkits and samples on the standard location on Mac.
I know this is a lot – I appreciate the time you’re taking to look into it!
If you want to reproduce the issue, do this after opening that .gig file and telling the first Battery instance where to find the samples: 1) go to the 2nd rackspace: it will not make any sound until you open the Battery plugin; 2) save changes and exit GigPerformer; 3) reopen GP and the gig file; 4) at this point I would expect that GP and the Battery instances would a) remember the location of the samples, and b) the 2nd rackspace would make sound without having to open the Battery instance first.
The issue is that, for me, #4 does not happen. Each time I reopen the gig file, I have to go through all the steps all over again. This is a big problem in our stage gig file with 37 rackspaces. Anyway, this may or may not be a GP issue, and I’m waiting to hear back from NI.
Right, and that’s important for me because I also have a User library in a specific place.
I think the problem is the different locations of the samples.
Baby this information where to find samples is stored in the plugin state.
And when that is true then NI can nothing do, only you can by using the same folders on Windows and Mac.
Can you please try that with just some test samples?