Back View shortcut key to list rackspace plugins

How long does it take you to load your 450 rackspace gig file?

Using my uber-rackspace design, changing songs is instantaneous (sub-second).

I just want to clarify that switching from one rackspace to another is always instantaneous with the added bonus of:

• Precise control of audio tail lengths
  • Patch persist feature
  • Typically lower CPU overhead
  • MIDI control reusability (reuse the same knob for different purpose based on a rackspace)
  • … (there are more benefits, but these are what just came to mind)

The only reason that it may take a few seconds to switch to a RANDOM rackspace is if you use predictive loading feature and you jump to a random rackspace. If you use the predictive loading feature and use rackspaces in a sequence or create a setlist that you go through in sequence - the switching will still be instant.

I understand. However, if you have one rackspace per song, a lot of songs, and the need to access those songs randomly, then it will either take a very long time to load the gig file (and use tons of memory) and/or you need to use predictive loading which will potentially cause a delay between songs.

My point is that by using fewer rackspaces (and in my case one rackspace that is used for the majority of songs), you don’t have those issues.

You are a Standup Musician? :wink:

What does that mean?

Maybe a bad translation from Bavarian sense of humour :wink:

It is a joke similar to Standup Comedian: He reacts on his audience makes jokes in realtime.

So a Standup Musician has no predfined plan, he play what the audience wants to hear.

Okay, I get it. Yeah, we work off a loose setlist but pull in random tunes regularly. Keeps me on my toes. I can’t afford to wait for tunes to load.

But with predictive Load set to 3 it should not take that long time to randomly switch rackspaces.
Depends on the complexity of your rackspaces.

The beautiful thing about GP is that there are few “right” or “wrong” approaches. There are different methods to achieve similar outcomes. Mine works for me and yours works for you.

2 Likes

I also use set lists. My set lists have 19 songs and with a bit of patter in between, usually give me an hour of music. These set lists load in about 15 seconds. But I agree with Pianopaul re his standup musician stance. Sometimes I like to “wing it” and play to the crowd or mood I’m in. So I have the option of a monster rig where I can play what I like, or the same number of rackspaces divided into 23 set lists of about one hours playing. And with predictive loading set to 3, then any song from #1 or anywhere else up to #450 with load in one to four seconds depending on plugin number. To me it’s the best of both worlds. And GP just delivers whichever way I choose on the day.