Automatic start of a midi file

I tried the last but one, but not the last.

Now I’m very tired and my mind is offuscated :slightly_smiling_face: (where I am it’s almost midnight), and I feel that I miss some GP basic concepts to well understand your procedure…

As I said, I read the manual very rapidly, tried to make some song to figure out if it’s worth buying GP to use it instead of Ableton Live Lite, before the trial period expires…

So I’m very far from being even a decent user of GP…

Thank you very much, you’ve been very kind, I’ll try to return to your procedure in the next days hoping to be able to understand it better!

Thank you!

Luca

Your optimism will grow as time goes by :slight_smile:

But basically, will it be easy or not depends on what you want to do. While complicated scenarios may include some scripting, you’ll realize that every scenario can be covered using Gig Perfomer.

And yes, midnight here, as well. :beers:

Im am using Ableton Live Suite together with GP.
All functions like Scene Select and Fire Scene and Stop and Track Levels are controlled by GP using OSC and custom built Max Patch.
And with a little trick I am able to show the current Song Information in the super LED Display of my S88 MKII.
Right now I am working on a possibility to show the splits defined in the MIDI In Blocks of GP on the S88 using different colors.
I am in contact with development of NI, maybe I get some information.
And with scripting in GP that should be possible - at least I hope so.

All that I could do in GP itself, but sometimes the band decides different tempo and right now thers is no possibility for the Audio Player to stretch Audio Files - I am sure in the future we will see some improvements.

But just firing Midi Sequences GP is fine and playing back Audio - when you do not change the tempo.

Tipp: Do not use Ableton Lite for this kind of things live - sure for preparation of clips that is a wonderfiul piece of software, but for your usecase GP should be enough.

With scripting there are so many possibilities - I do not know any other Live Host which is only near enough to this possibilities.

Believe me, I am using GP since 2016 and Ableton Live since version 7.

2 Likes