Advice for working with a Korg nanoKontrol2

Hey David,

Using my iPhone I made this short video to hopefully describe what I’m talking about with my sync between the LED widget’s light at the nanoKontrol2’s solo button light.

This is a shared link to the video on my Onedrive:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq_AvYqAjwMsiMowgvunN5jEBOrSRQ?e=5p2kDj

Thanks,
.-Greg

Hmmm. Invert on the Value tab should only affect the plugin and should still maintain consistency between the widget and your solo button. Will double check on my setup later.

Something strange with this behaviour - I get the same thing as you had in your video.
The solution is not to use the Invert button in the Value tab, but instead swap the Min and Max values around, so Min is 100 and Max is 0.

1 Like

Thanks rank13! That did it. Appreciate the time you spent to check this with your setup and help me along the way.

I had a vision in my head how I wanted to use the Solo button on the nanoKontrol2 when I purchased it. I’m happy now that I am able to implement what I had originally visioned. A good testament for GP in that it can be customized to any need.

1 Like

@greddin, sorry not to be able to double check this, as I have a business trip in Munich now. But, I will check this ASAP, because it doesn’t work like it is supposed to. Thank you very much for the video.

1 Like

Quick question… Has anyone ever determined definitively which driver version we ought to use with GigPerformer and Windows 10? (I’m actually on Windows 11 22H2, OS Build 22621.1702, and sure enough, my brand-new nanoKONTROL2 won’t show up for GigPerformer. I’ve tried two drivers so far - the most recent, and the most ancient - and neither worked. Any solutions here? surely there are a ton of people who have faced this same question - but I’ve searched this community and can’t find an answer yet. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Doug

What i can say so far are the versions I’ve tried that do not work - either with Gig Performer or even with the Korg Kontrol Editor. (So maybe I need to be finding a community like this for Korg?) So far, the following leave my brand new nanoKontrol2 dead in the water (except for the LED upper left; it seems only to indicate power to the unit from the USB - but not connectivity).

49e
45e
43e
31e
20e

Yeah, if even your Korg editor can’t find it, you probably need to reach out to Korg support.

1 Like