2 finger metronome set up

OK, I think I found the problem. Quantization was set to None.

After setting Quantization to 1, things seem to have stabilized.

If I am stepping thru block chords, I find that each chord sounds until I advance to the next step, at which time the next chord sounds.

Suppose I am “done for the moment” and want to silence a sounding chord.

How can I accomplish that? Is there a parameter in the MIDI File Player to the effect of “silence open notes”? Some other way?

This is by design – the finger tap is a manual step through — having the sounds stop on their own would be bizarre, e.g. how long should they sound before stopping, given that the whole point of manual clocking is to explicitly control that.

Right, but does that mean that reaching the EOF is the only means of silencing the last sent step?

I’m thinking it could make sense to have a parameter switch that would allow silencing when the user’s application calls for it.

Another question: Is there a way to set the position of the MIDI File Player with a widget?

An application of this would be - suppose I want to playback a specific 8 bars from within a MIDI File, and I want this as a general capability rather than having to create custom short MIDI files every time I have such a goal.

Maybe when Loop Start and End are On then p534 StepForward and p535 StepReset could be wrt. the loop rather than wrt. the whole file?

Maybe in a future version —

1 Like

P.S. Apologies for the typos. I guess eventually someday I’ll be granted the ability to edit my own posts and fix such.

Try now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The system increases trust level automatically over time based on various factors

I notice p535 StepReset will accomplish silence, as well as moving the position back to the beginning.

A similar param that does the silencing w/o moving the position would be good to have.

Have pencil, will edit! Thanks.