Warning - deactivate your Gig Performer license before performing any OS updates

Several recent updates from both Microsoft and Apple cause Gig Performer (and quite a few other applications) to “think” that they are running on a new computer. If you have used up your three activations and you did not deactivate Gig Performer beforehand, you may end up being unable to reactivate Gig Performer again. See this KB article for more information.

Are you recommending that I de-activate all my plugin licenses before updating my Windows 10 laptop (in addition to the GP license)?

We are only talking about your Gig Performer license. You will need to check with your plugin developers to see their requirements.

I upgraded to Win 10 2009 from 1909 yesterday, with surprisingly few issues so far. I was able to successfully deactivate/reactivate GP (after figuring out which of the serial numbers I’d saved was the right one).

When I updated win10, I only deactivated GP. All my plugins with licenses kept on working.
But maybe some plugins require it. It should be reported on plugin user forum.