Using the built in tuner for the plugins

Hi, i thought it might be nice to use the built in tuner, to make sure my plugins in the right key (bands often tune down 1 step or more) I would like to check my tuning (before blast out my part a half step off)

However, when i turn on the tuner, there is no signal coming from my gig performer sounds, and i was wondering if i am missing something. How do i send my signal to the tuner?

thanks, Eric

The tuner is meant for incoming signals on the inputs. GP silences the outputs to prevent the sounds involved in tuning from being heard by the audience…

You might consider using a tuning-plugin?

1 Like

You are in good company! Fortunately for you or anyone else, Melda Pruductions has a free MTuner plugin that is as spectacular as their other products. I have several tuner plugins that I paid a lot of money for, but for the past two years the only thing I have used is MTuner. Since it is free, it’s the best of all worlds. Download and try it, and that will be that if it works for you. They have a pretty impressive bundle of other free effects and tools - all highly recommended.

2 Likes

“MTuner plugin that is as spectacular as their other products”

You predicted my next questions! thanks~! Eric

2 Likes

BTW, Melda’s MRecorder is also free and a great counterpart to GP’s recorder - eg you can put the MRecorder plugin into any chain to record whatever is coming out of that, not just GP’s output. Very handy and indispensable for some things, and best of all, also free.

1 Like