Trouble with latest update

Hi all, everytime I try and update to the latest version, I get an error message that there’s an issue. I’ve tried about a 1/2 dozen times and the same thing happens each time. I’m sorry, I don’t have my laptop in front of me so I don’t have any more details.

The knowledge base is your friend

https://www.gigperformer.com/the-upgrade-has-been-aborted-cannot-update-gig-performer

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll try this when I get home later.

Thanks, this worked. Any idea on why my MacBook would start blocking the updates? Also, Im having issues doing splits/transpositions. I’m setting up a concert with racks that have Bass/Keys split as my bass player occasionally can’t make a gig. The first one I’m setting up uses an NI Scarbee bass(which is what i’ll use for all of them) and NI Grandeur for piano. In the past I haven’t had issues doing splits and transpositions but I don’t think any of my previous splits used Kontact player. Is there an incompatibility issue with Contact?

Thanks again!!

Don’t know exactly why it’s happening, but most likely an Apple security update changed/updated permissions to the folder. We’ve seen this on a few people’s machines.

As for Kontakt, I routinely use Kontakt on tour for almost everything, there are no incompatibility issues with it. I use multiple Kontakt instruments on different MIDI channels, etc. Works great.

Yeah, I’m not having any issues with the sounds themselves. I have a ton of racks set up with Kontact. But when I try and do a split, nothing happens and when I use the transpose, nothing is happening. Its the first time I’m having this issue.

Well, you really need to describe in much more detail exactly what it is you’re trying to do.
Have you connected a MIDI Monitor plugin to your MIDI In block to make sure that your split/transpose is sending the correct MIDI notes to Kontakt and on the channel it’s expecting?

The problem corrected itself after I did the latest update. As always, thanks for the quick replies.

Hi all, I’m having the same issue with the latest update but the fix that you helped me with last time, isn’t working this time. Anything else i can try?

Thanks,

Fred

Can you be more specific please? How are you updating? Are you on Mac or Windows? What error message are you getting?

I’m using a Mac and I’m getting a “Something went wrong” box. The last time I had this issue I used the Terminal window fix. This time thats not working.

Have you tried just downloading the latest release from the website and installing it manually?