Toggle Switch and Midi Learn - HELP PLEASE

Yes, it seems to be working now.

Erased the MSB commands from all variations, as it is useless on the Nord Stage 2.
So just with PC and LSB I get everything switched.

Midi in OSC into Midi Out, PC values m-converted, LSB values numeric.

Thanksalot!!

1 Like

Here are some articles about Nebojsa and David, the creators of GP.

1 Like

OK!!!

Thanks. Seems to be quite an active community here. I much appreciate that!!

1 Like

and David´s crush on Progrock explains the Spinal-Tappy-Graphics design in the App Logo :-).

So far, I am quite amazed by the possibilities GP offers. But I must say that I had roundabout 10-15 crashes by now and a strange issue with Halion by Steinberg, that claims the "host is not reloading the plugin correctly), when I try to replace a plugin.

(So far, I did not use many plugins and did not put a heavy load on the system at all!)

If these things will happen in rehearsal situations, I´ll have to be outta here and get back to my old “hardware only” policy, which is kind out outdated, because, obviously, almost all keyboards today are computers, anyway…

ah… and it seems I am getting the names wrong here. I just realized adressing Nebojsa all the time was probably not always correct, as there were more people answering.

So hello and thanks to everybody!

Simple, Shift-Command-4 > "square what area of the screen you want
Drag the *.jpg file to the post (Discourse deals with the rest)

More to it:

This is a known issue in Halion - https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=125355

We need to see the crash reports — it is most likely that these are issues with plugins (even if they seem to be working with other hosts!)

For what it’s worth, many users have toured all over the place with just Gig Performer, a laptop and some controllers. As I said above, we need to see the crash reports to see what’s really going on here.

Hello Keyman,

Thanks - I know my mac, the question was not how to do a screenshot but how to include it here -which I did via dropbox then. But thanks anyway!

1 Like

Thanks, I will send crash reports when I have new incidents. Unable to read them myself - so if it is mainly about not using certain plugins, that I could most probably live with :-)!

And good to hear about the Halion thing. If this will be causing permanent problems, I won´t be using Halion. 30 GB on my Laptop and having to carry around the elicenser to end up with flaws like that are three good reasons for being open to alternatives :slight_smile:

Hello Everybody,

I STILL have issues about that Bank Switching Thing.

I have everything up and running within one rackspace. But: When I duplicate the same rackspace, when switching from one rackspace to another, Bank select does NOT work.

EXAMPLE:
I have four variations of one Rackspace.
Variation 01: Bank B, Sound 98.
Variation 02: Bank B, Sound 99.
Variation 03: Bank A, Sound 12.
Variation 04: Bank A, Sound 20.

Now, switching between the Variations of one Rackspace, everything works fine.

When I duplicate this very rackspace and call a Variation that uses the same Bank by accident, everything seems to be fine. But only then.

If I jump from Original Rackspace Variation 01 (using Bank B) to Duplicated Rackspace Variation 04 (using Bank A), I get the Program of Varation 4 with still the Bank of Variation 01.

Switching Back and forth within the Variations will sooner or later fix that, because as I wrote, Bank select works within Variations. But that is very confusing and not usable in a live situation.

Ideas, anybody??

(And yes, in my widgets sending the PC and Bank Select Messages I have all “Also on rackspace activation checkboxes” active. Double-triple-quadruple verified that!! :-))

So, my workaround for now is:

in every new rackspace, I have to clone my first variation and put a (nonsense) bank select to a bank that is different from the one I actually want to use.

When I call up my rackspace, I switch to the nonsense variation and back to the one I actually wish to send a valid bank select. Then, I get the right Bank and Program called up on my Nord Stage 2.

That method is reproducable, reliable, but yet very awkward. It means more programming ahead and hassle in the live situation.

But, as switching basically works from the variations I programmed while staying in the same rackspace, to me this must be a GP issue.

Can you please post your gig file here. Just Drag n’ drop in a new post :wink:

Hello,

here it is - I cleaned everything around it to make things more obvious.

Currently, If you jump from “Rackspace: Power of Two Basic” to “Rackspace: Power of Two Basic - COPY”, Bank select does not work.

That is because in the first Rackspace the currently chosen Variation uses Bank B, while the Variation currently chosen in the second Rackspace needs Bank A. Which is not selected on Rackspace selection.

Once you start flipping the variations, things come into order again.

Do you see the Gig File? I drag and drop it, it says “uploading”, but I do not see it after that.

Ok, tried a new post, then system tells me the gig file is too large.

Like this?

1 Like

Yes, that’s good also :wink:
Maybe as a new user you still have limitations… around Discourse.

Hello, here is my first crash report.

Trying to set Gig Performer to communicate with an aggregate Core audio Interface consisting of my Audio Interface (iconnectivity Audio 4+) and my Virus TI Snow (audio over USB).

I created an aggrete Audio in Mac OS Midi/Audio Setup, it is flawlessly useable in Logic.
When trying to apply it in GP, GP crashes every time.

Crash Aggregate Audio.zip (35.0 KB)

It is a compressed docx?

By the way, you should create different threads for different issues.