Thinking about getting Falcon 2, thoughts?

Falcon 2 has just been released and UVI has an offer of 30% off PLUS you get two free expansion packs. I know a few people who love Falcon, but none who use it live. I already have a significant plugin collection, but based on the sound engines listed for Falcon, it almost looks like a virtual Kronos.

So I’m going to list out what I already have and use regularly, and I’d be interested in opinions as to whether Falcon really brings enough to the table to justify the expense.

*NI Komplete 12
*Still using alot of Kontakt 5 as well
*Arturia VCollection 6
*Synthmaster2
*Synthmaster One
*Sonic Projects OPX-Pro II
*Waves Morphoder
*Sonovox Vocalizer
*IK Sampletank 3
*GSI VB3
*UVI Workstation (for Scratch Factory and Digital Synsations)

So that being my ‘normal’ list from a VSTi perspective, what does Falcon really bring to the table. How does it perform live? I’m leaning towards it, but I would like the opinion of others already using Falcon.

X

I don’t have it, but it’s on my wish list. 30% off is very tempting. I would definitely use it live.

1 Like

Yup. I was taking a look at the reviews too. Incredible piece of work if you’re willing to spend the time. The learning curve is pretty steep. But for the price, entirely worth it I think.
Not to mention, the “Atmospherics” expansion is really awesome!! and you get 2 expansions for FREE!

I ended up buying it, but you’re right, the learning curve is pretty steep. I use it more in the studio than live.

X

Me too… could not resist! Bought it and having a great time tinkering with it now.

@patleeyc ,

Have you found a concise set of tutorials (not the ones from UVI) to get someone up and running quickly doing custom work in Falcon?

X

Groove3 has a couple on sale at $15 & $12.50.

Hey @xpansion ,
I got my tutorial from ask.video, a paid subscription. It has 20 short video tutorials covering pretty much all of Falcon. Each video tutorial is 5-6mins long.
If you’re willing to pay, that site has some pretty good tutorials covering all kinds of areas, including sound design, DAWs, etc.

1 Like