System Actions:Next Song Key?

I have found these values exposed in the System Actions.
SongName
SongpartName
Song-Songpart-Name
SongKey
PrevSongName
NextSongName

Where can I get the NextSongKey value? I’m wanting to display a heads up about the next upcoming key. Aids in transitions, etc…

Scripting is your friend.
GetSongKeySignature()

Sweet… thanx! I have it all written. Perfectly displays what I want in a Print() command to the logger. Now, since the Song() callback can only exist in the Gig Script, how do I update Global Rackspace TextLabel label? Widget variables are not allowed in Gig Scripts.

Thinking out of the box for a second. Set a globally visible variable in the Song() callback, and let the label widget display that global variable value?

You can use OSC messages

If you already have other global rackspace labels based on the current song’s key (from system actions), then you can use a global rackspace script and changes in the system actions label to trigger the update of the next song key signature:

Give the label widgets the below handles.

Var
   THIS_SONGKEY, NEXT_SONGKEY : Widget

On WidgetValueChanged(newValue : double) from THIS_SONGKEY
    If InSetlistMode() Then
        NEXT_SONGKEY.SetWidgetLabel(GetSongKeySignature(GetCurrentSongIndex()+1))
    Else
        NEXT_SONGKEY.SetWidgetLabel("(Not setlist mode)")
    End
End
1 Like

Try this, just a proof of concept
GlobalOSC.gig (36.5 KB)

And this is the rackspace script

var BUTTON : Widget
    mOSC   : OSCMessage

// Called when a single widget value has changed
On WidgetValueChanged(newValue : double) from BUTTON
 OSC_SetAddress(mOSC, "/GlobalRackspace/GLABEL/SetCaption")
 if newValue == 1.0 then
    OSC_AppendStringArg(mOSC, "On")
 else
    OSC_AppendStringArg(mOSC, "Off")
 end 
 OSC_SendSpecific(mOSC, "127.0.0.1", OSC_GetGPListeningPort())
 OSC_ClearArgs(mOSC)
end
1 Like

Thank you both. Regardless of which solution I used, I learned new things with these snippets. I just implemented the OSC solution in another task. Thanx Paul.

2 Likes