Syncing Pc and MacBook Pro

Has anyone here have the unluxury of being dual platform ( Win 10 desktop / MacBook Pro )

Ideally I would like to sync the 2 and record into Cubase on pc , using the Mac laptop for a few sounds I can’t get in pc, I was wondering if GP can help me speed this up vs buying logic pro and sending stems over to Cubase ?,

Send audio from your Mac to your audio interface on PC and record it as you would normally do.

How about if there’s a lot of sidechain / bpm arpy patches etc ?, …,( just play well?)

What is your scenario?
Play live on Mac and record in Cubase on PC?

What about using a MIDI patchbay and playing into the Mac which sends the audio to the PC?

Without knowing the scenario of @Wired we cannot really help

1 Like

Playing from Mac to pc, your first suggestion makes the cheapest sense…, I was just wondering if Gp records audio , I can open it in both platforms

GP records incoming audio.
Try Melda MRecorder

I don’t know if this is helpful, but I use an iPad with a PC. The pc runs a free app called RTPMIDi and this allows the iPad and the PC to talk to each other over the same network. It may work with a Mac in place of the iPad.

You don’t need RTPMIDI on a Mac. You can just configure a network connection via Audio Midi Setup and MIDI apps on an iPad can communicate directly with the Mac.

The point is to communicate pc ( windows ), with a Mac,

I wasn’t suggesting RTPmidi on the Mac. It was for the P.C. Or is there another way for the Mac to talk to the P.C.?

Sorry - I thought someone was trying to connect an iPad. I didn’t read the whole thread carefully at the time.

@pianopaul nailed it at the beginning - just connect the audio from the Mac interface into the audio of the PC interface. If you want the PC to drive the Mac, then yes, you could use RTPMidi on the Mac to make a network MIDI connection. Or you could get really cute and drive the Mac from the PC using OSC messages but that requires some setup.

There are other solutions such as ipMIDI that might be useful but not free.