Sustain Pedal Question Please

A Noobie here, Thank you so much in advance for your help.
I am using an MBP 2015 with 16 gigs of ram. Os is12.1. I have an older model Kurtzweil keyboard, a Korg Nano kontrol2, and am using a Presonus audio interface. I have noticed that when GP4 is all connected to the Kurtz the volume etc affects GP4. So I just discovered the global Mid in GP4 and found Program Change Control. I have set it to accept program change messages from selected devices only. and chose the Nano and Local GP. My question is when I connect back to my Keyboard, will the sustain pedal work, across the Keyboard and GP4? If Not what is the solution, please. The end Game is I only want the sustain pedal that is plugged into the keyboard to work for the keyboard sustain and GP4 sustain and no other changes to be communicated to GP4 from the Keyboard. Thank you so much for helping me.

Hi @bmack welcome to the family

Hi @bmack, welcome to the GP community forum.

The first thing to do, while discovering GP, is probably to read the manual. All the basic concept are explained. So, if you learn a CC64 sustain message to a global MIDI control, GP will exclusively use it for this. If you want to keep using it in GP for something else, than don’t use it for a global control.
If you want to prevent any specific MIDI message to « enter » GP, then you can block it in the MIDI in block corresponding to your Kurzweil keyboard by using the appropriate check box. If you put a GP MIDI Monitor plugin after the MIDI in block, you will be able to monitor which MIDI message comes out of the MIDI block and identify which one you want to block.

Have fun with GP :wink:

6 Likes