Stylus RMX Questions

Here are the new Gig file and the Rackspace files. The Rackspace file has the mixer labeled correctly according to the outputs specified in Stylus. Evidently, you may only use outputs B - H for your parts because output A is reserved for Aux Bus outs. Stylus will not let me use Output I, but that’s OK.

Stylus RMX Questions.rackspace (1.6 MB)

Stylus RMX Questions.gig (1.6 MB)

OK, so now I have a Rackspace for Stylus and the Panel that goes with it … and I have a Rackspace for something else and the panel that goes with it. … but, how do I grab all four of those objects and place them in a new Rackspace?

I tried saving the wiring diagrams as favorites, but when I try to load them into my new Rackspace, the panel did not come along?

You can export the panels of the rackspaces and import them all in a new rackspace

Wonderful!! That is precisely what I want to do! :slight_smile: How does one do that?

See here: Panel contextual menu

It’s a nice looking panel @Phil :+1:

Damn, Load and Save Panel was right there in front of me all the time. :rofl: Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, on the surface, Spectrasonics have not provided a way to obtain the current Part Names. I will be calling their tech support today and see if there is a back door Host Automation variant that will get me this info. Then, the Rackspace would be considerably more useful. :slight_smile:

I tried converting the Rackspace from a 4 space to a 3 and then a 2, but they look terrible at that resolution … any suggestions?

I was thinking about this feature: when the user clicks on “Inst 1” for example, GP opens the Plugin on the associated Part Window instead of the Mixer window. I don’t know if this is possible but it would be really cool and useful.

I did this procedure and it works fineemphasized text, but of course, the mapping of the all widgets on the loaded panel was null. OK, so be it. :slight_smile: Is there any way to link all widgets on the panel to an existing Plugin on my wiring diagram? … especially in my case as it will take me a half hour to set them up again? I really don’t want to have to do this every time I try to merge Rackspaces. If there is no easy solution, I would like to make this a request as it would be very useful (obviously). :slight_smile:

It would even be better if David could save the panel with the Favorite and then load both when the Favorite is loaded. If the user doesn’t want the Panel, he can delete it.

How would that work – a favorite is intended to be pulled into an existing rackspace – is it your thought that every time we pull in a favorite we would create a new panel?

Yes, If the favorite has an associated panel, then yes that would be ideal to create a new panel. Maybe you could do this as an option.

I think I see your point, however … You may be thinking that the originating saved favorite might be part of a more complex wire diagram and there might be panels or widgets that are not associated with the favorite. In that case, the user could wind up with garbage. Now, if you could determine which widgets were associated with the panel and bring them in and mapped to the favorite … that would be highly useful. :slight_smile: