Shared / master rackspace

Hello, just very shortly - you should really consider something like master or shared piece of rackspace across all rackspaces. I know I am not first by far suggesting this improvement, but I just scripted use of Polytune in my racks and oops! - it allows only one instance in running host. But shared rackspace will solve many more problems I ran into in two weeks with GP.

You could use a 2nd instance of Gig Performer for Polytune.
Are you aware of that feature?

https://gigperformer.com/docs/Userguide36/optionsadvanced.html

Sure I am. But I am not pretty sure how it will fulfill my need of having this tuner on every rackspace.

If you have a 2nd instance of GP with Polytune, you won’t need it on any rackspace in the other instance of GP.

Yes. But I also need to mute all rack when tuning and I also need full view of my actual rackspace on “ground-based” 16" monitor.

With a little scripting this should be possible.

In a rackspace script you could bypass the audio in or audio out and send a message to the 2nd instance.
The 2nd instance reacts on that message and can open your tuner plugin.

@DavidStypka were you on Windows or Mac? If you’re on Mac and you’re happy to use the in-built GP tuner it’s probably simpler to set up the Mac virtual midi port and modify my script to trigger the in-built tuner.

But as to your request, yes it would great to have the concept of a shared rackspace in GP. I would also find it extremely useful.

Windows here. I am just trying to modify your code to call Rackspace 6, there is only polytune and it should solve my problem. But I am stucked. Canbnot find the way to do this:

Summary

On WidgetValueChanged(newValue : double) from LONG_PRESS
if newValue == 1.0 then
SwitchToRack(6, 6)
end
End

// When the Long Press widget is active, open the tuner plugin window.
On WidgetValueChanged(newValue : double) from LONG_PRESS
if newValue == 1.0 then
OpenPlugin(TUNER)
else
ClosePlugin(TUNER)
end
End

Because I am a programming llama :slight_smile:
Just cannot find the way to let the script do multiple actions under one IF.

Just cannot find the way to let the script do multiple actions under one IF.

if newValue == 1.0 then
     OpenPlugin(TUNER)
     Print("Tuner opened")
    else
     ClosePlugin(TUNER)
     Print"Tuner closed")
    end

That was my idea! :slight_smile: But I just had error in the code. Thank you very much!

Nope, it is not working either. SwitchToRack (6,1) does nothing.

can you upload your gig?

The numbering is zero-based, so SwitchToRack(5,0) would mean rackspace 6, variation 1.

Another thing that may be useful is something like this in the ‘Tuner’ rackspace script:

// Called when rackspace is activated
On Activate
    OpenPlugin(TUNER)
End

// Called when you switch away from a rackspace
On Deactivate
    ClosePlugin(TUNER)
End

That way even if you manually switched to the rackspace in the UI, then the tuner would pop up. Or even better, if you were using Songs, then a Song Part at the beginning of the song could be linked to your tuner rackspace, and it will open it, then close it automatically when you move to the next song part.

3 Likes

Awesome. Let me try this! Thank you