Sending note data to TC Perform VK Harmonizer from Real Guitar

This has been driving me crazy for two days (good thing I’m retired!)

I’m trying to send chord note data to my TC Perform VK harmonizer using Music Lab Real Guitar, but the harmonizer will not respond to data sent from Real Guitar. However, the harmonizer will respond to note data sent from my iPad via rtpMIDI and Bome Midi Translator over wireless. The harmonizer flashes to show that note data has been received. On the screen shot, it shows data received from “MIDI out (RTPMIDI1)” because of the yellow keyboard notes showing. But the other midi out, namely “MIDI Out (Perform VK MIDI OUT”) shows no yellow notes indicating data not received.

I’m thinking I’ve set this up wrong or need something like a midi loop or similar to make this work. Here’s hoping some much brainier person than me can help figure this out. Help desperately needed!

Cheers!

Might helP? if you are sending MIDI on more then one MIDI Channel…

I tried the above and it wasn’t the answer. However, I think I’ve discovered the problem.

It appears that rtpMIDI and Bome Midi Translator block the midi notes being sent. The moment I remove rtpMIDI and Bome MT, the notes are received at the harmonizer. I need rtpMIDI and Bome MT so that my iPad can send midi to my PC for program change etc.

My question is - can I replace both rtpMIDI and Bome MT with an alternative software or hardware package that will allow everything to work?

Humm, I don’t see how this could be possible… :thinking:

Could it be that you created a MIDI loop via RTPMIDI? Could you replace the MIDI in Omni by something not including the RTPMIDI in? (I noticed from you MIDI monitor that you have multiple note off for the same note)

I’ve been trying different configurations in desperation in the hope that something will work!
(BTW - thanks for replying David-San. I appreciate you taking the time)

I must admit, networking problems like this leave me totally confused. I wasted three days last week and another two this week. No progress made at all. However, occasionally, the whole system will work and I’ll see the midi light on the harmonizer flash as it receives midi note info. So then I’ll save the gigfile, and reboot, but Murphy’s Law kicks in, and then on reboot, nothing will work again.

I do have a glimmer of hope. I’ve had some help from Steve over at the Bome Midi Translator web site, and he has mentioned that he uses Bome network Pro instead of RTP-MIDI. I already have BomeNPro, so I have asked for professional help to get a new, better system up and running.

I decided to buy the BomeBox to use with Bome Midi Translator. That way I can get rid of RTP-MIDI and eliminate having to take a wireless router with me. Hopefully, all networking/midi problems will get sorted after this.

1 Like

Please, let us know if it works.

Don’t worry, You will probably hear the shout of joy all the way from New Zealand to wherever you live, the moment it all works properly! Cheers, and thanks for all the help and encouragement.

3 Likes