Saving load values for entire rackspace

I don’t want to lose my default values for a rackspace if I change them during a session. I’ve made this mistake a couple of times where I’ve answered ‘Yes’ to saving a gigfile when I exit GP and forgetting that I changed some values in a rackspace for a temporary situation. I know I can set a particular widget in a rackspace to set a specific value on load, but I have a few questions about this.

1. Is there any way to lock all values on all widgets for a particular variation? (This is the biggest ask for me)

2. Can I set a specific value to load when GP starts up, but not if a rackspace is unloaded and reloaded during a session?

3. Can I have a specific value that a widget will be reset to if I just switch away from the rackspace and then back to it without it being unloaded and reloaded (sort of the opposite of question 2), and

4. Should I be looking at a different way of accomplishing this?

I’m aware that I can export rackspaces and keep them as snapshots but I’d rather not do that.

Thanks,

Ezra

You can define the starting values here, on load and/or on rackspace activation.

Sadly, no variation lock as of yet, as requested here :frowning:

Thanks. What I’m hoping to find is a way to lock all widget values in a variation at once, without having to go through them one by one.

-Ezra

OK, I just noticed that [Also on rackspace activation] will handle question 3 in my original post. Sorry for missing that initially. -Ezra