Save (update) rackspace to gig file

What is the difference between Save (update) rackspace to gig file vs just saving the gig file?

Saving the gig file saves every rackspace to the gig file.
Save (update) rackspace to gig file just updates the changes made to the selected rackspace to the gig file.

Useful if you were messing around with Rackspace 1 but didn’t want to save the changes, and switched to Rackspace 2, and then made changes to that you did want to save. This allows you to update just Rackspace 2 to the gig file.

1 Like

Ah! Your example makes sense. I was looking at it from the perspective of making changes and wanting to save those changes. Thanks!

One thing I have some trouble with randomly is making changes to a volume level for a preset within a plugin (for example), saving the rackspace (or even the entire gig file) and coming back to it later, finding that the volume level defaulted to the original factory setting. I thought maybe I wasn’t saving it right to make it “stick”…

The easiest way to alleviate that problem is to assign a widget to that volume level. That way the value gets saved and GP sets that value upon recall, not the plugin itself.

I do have that setup like that which I use for levels between variations. Some presets are just SO quiet that even with the widget all the way up is not enough. Its really rare, normally it “sticks” but sometimes even after I save the preset with the new volume level as a new preset it gets reverted. I suspect at the point it is probably plugin related, not GP…

Sorry… what I meant was I have the plugin’s output routed to a mixer and the widget is controlling that level, not the plugin’s level itself. I suppose for the stubborn cases I could setup another widget just for the level within the plugin itself…

Yeah, if you’re finding that a particular plugin isn’t having its state saved properly, assigning widgets to the individual controls of the plugin is what you’ll want to do.
Which plugin has this issue?

Right now its Arturia’s Wurli V2. I think what MAY be going on is I have the same preset in other rackspaces and changing/saving the preset levels and reloading it later. If that’s not what’s happening or can’t sort it, I’ll do the dedicated widget setup.