Routing CC's based on value sent

I didn’t give specifics because I’m really trying get a handle on how to best approach this kind of thing in GP vs. how I have done things with MS.

The specifics for this particular example is a Nord Stage 3 working with IKM’s B-3X plugin. The NS3 has two buttons mentioned for their internal organ, but I want to map them to the same functions in B-3X. With the default setup, both buttons trigger the Leslie speed because they send the same CC (with different values)

But beyond that one example, there are several more sections of the Nord control panel where a CC is shared across multiple buttons/knobs so the specifics of the first example aren’t terribly important. I’m just trying to find the best/easiest way within GP to filter/replace/block CC values so I can get the most control as possible from the control surface.

I hope that made sense.

The midi filter won’t work because CC108 is shared across both buttons. If I use your example, I end up with the same problem I have now just moved to CC30

Any remapping of 108 to 30 needs to only happen if specific values are included.

You should answer the last question of @Rank13, there is a solution for you… it is a Gig script. If we don’t know what MIDI messages all combinations of buttons produce, we won’t be able to help further.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s what made it much harder for us to try and help you.

So if you just want CC108 values 0/43 to be remapped to CC30 values 0/127 respectively then that’s a trivial piece of functionality for a scriptlet in GP Script

So what do you want to happen when you receive CC108 with value 127?

In any case, if all you’re doing is remapping CC numbers based on CC values, then it’s all trivial with a scriptlet.

That said, if you use a gigscript and widgets, then you have the immediate flexibility to remap your widgets to arbitrary plugin parameters without having to use scriptlets all over the place.