Roland Zenology Pro

It seems that Roland is now focusing on the Zenology plugin for all their instruments and effect simulations. It appears at least to be a simulation engine that finally does not require an excessive CPU power.

If some GP users use it, I would be happy to get a feedback.

Concerning the new business model around Zenology, is there still the possibility of converting years of fidelity from yearly subscriptions to the Roland Cloud into a lifetime license of an instrument?

Is it possible to work offline with Zenology?

I was also wondering if you can buy a license for an effect (e.g. the CE-1) to use it with an audio source other than a Roland synth within Zenology?

Thank you for your insights…

Still expensive, so is this a good deal?

No more… for the moment…

Not completely as an Internet connection is required every month, which will be a no go for me as for many other live players. :confused:

Very sad about it, because it sounds very well and I could also use my AX-Edge to transfer ZEN-Core sounds to it, but well… :confused:

Zenology

Taste of the 80’s

I complained about the necessity to have to authorize the plugin regularly, here is the answer from the Roland Customer Support… Hope there is!

It could be nice if more people could ask Roland for an alternative to their current license management system which still necessitates a monthly Internet connection and this even when you own a lifetime key. I try to do it every six months :innocent:

support@rolandus.zendesk.com

1 Like