Right Setup for Piano and Voice

Hi All !
I need your support to create my first gig , I’m a new gigperformer user.
I usually have my keyboard controller splitted in two parts : left hand for bass and right hand for piano/rhodes.

I have created a rackspace with 2 plugins (Bass and Piano) and split settings.
I have created in the rackspace a panels with the volume control of the parts : left parts and right parts.

Then I have duplicated the rackspace and i have changed the right hand plugin ( i have put mark i , b3)

All the widgets of the rackspace panel are controlled by midi controller, but when i switch rackspace each rackspace store its volume settings and volume changes when i’m playng the same songs.

Could I solve this ?

Thanks

Hello,

it is unclear what you are trying to do. You have two rackspaces, two plugins each with one keyboard split.

What do you mean by “when i switch rackspace each rackspace store its volume settings”?

Each rackspace could have its main mixer volumes changed, but we generally suggest that these be kept at 0dB (I’m referring to the mixer controls for the output block)

If your question is related to GP auto-remembering the last volume (or any other parameter) used in some rackspace - then you might want to look at the “Reset value on rackspace load” options for a widget.

In general - I would advise you to go through our excellent user guide that can be found here: https://www.gigperformer.com/downloads/docs/Gig%20Performer%20User%20Guide%201.8.pdf

Thanks for the answer.
I will be more clear creating another scenario.
I want to play different libraries kontakt in my gig.
If i have to play different libraries with the same plugin i can’t use variations … is it all right?
If i want to play kontakt piano, kontakt rhodes, kontakt b3–i need to create different rackspaces.
So.
1.I create a rack space: Midi input – > Piano Kontakt Plugin —> Gain and Balance Audio Block – Audio Output.
2.I duplicate the rackspace changing the kontakt library and putting a Mark I

Now I have two different gain and balance audio blocks : one for each rackspace.

The gain and balance audio block control is automated by midi.
If the first rackspace has the gain block at -3 and the second to -6 db, when i switch rackspace the volume decrease…

I must be not understanding something. If you have the gain of your second rackspace set to be a lower value than the first one, then of course the volume will be lower on the second one. What exactly are you expecting or wanting to have happen?

“If the first rackspace has the gain block at -3 and the second to -6 db, when i switch rackspace the volume decrease”

I’m doing some tests… at the moment all its ok… I’m only trying to understand how to setup the final scenario for me
and organize the gig and the song list.
I was using Forte in the past :slight_smile: – and i have had differents forte files organized for my different performance.
So i’m trying now to organize my work in gigperformer.
For example, I used to create songs in forte and put for every song the scenes that i needed
It seems to be that gigperformer racks are similar to forte scene…

Sorry for the unclear questions :slight_smile:

Ah, didn’t realize you were using Forte.

Check out this blog article that was written by a Forte user who switched to Gig Performer

https://www.gigperformer.com/what-brainspawn-forte-users-should-know-about-gig-performer

I don’t really know much about Forte but I think Rackspaces are quite a bit different from Scenes even though there are some superficial similarities.

Oh yes!
In forte I used to have different scenes:
-Scene 1 :Piano
-Scene 2: Piano+Strings in layer ( with 2 different plugins that play togethers);
-Scene 3: Rhodes + B3, one plugin for each midi keyboard.

Then i used to create a song and put in it the scene i needed for each song.
In different songs, i can use the same scene. If i make change to a scene, forte update all the song in which the scene is used.

If i want to do some similar in Gigperfoemr i’m understanding that i have to create different rackspace
Ex.
rackspace a : piano
rackspace b: piano and strings and layer
rackspace c: mark i and b3 ( first keyboard and second keyboard)
rackspace d: rhodes and brass section (first keyboard and second keyboard)

If i want to use the same rackspace in different song ( for example i want to use rackspace d in 2 different songs )
I have to export the rackspace and import it ? right?

Variations are only referred to modiify settings of the same plugins…right? so are not suitable for me.

I want to have in the left side of gigperformer the songbook list in order with the songs that i want to play
SONG1
Rackspace a
Rackspace b
SONG2
Rackspace a
Rackspace b
Rackspace c
SONG 3
Rackspace d
Rackspace b

i’m watching the tutorial and reading the manuals… the problem is to understand how organize the songbook list and rackspaces…

You don’t have to — if you only have a few plugins and tend to use the same sounds, you could easily throw them all into one rackspace and then use variations to turn on or off the various plugins (or more typically, to bypass the MIDIIn Block connected to each synth plugin)

Another way to do it using different rack spaces is to create a single rackspace with everything you need, then just duplicate the rackspace many times and REMOVE the stuff you don’t need in each one.

Lots of different approaches depending on one’s needs.

Hi David,
For example
Rack name : Imagine - i put in 2 plugins : piano plugin and multi timbral plugin
Variation 1 -Part 1 of the song : Piano
Variation2 - Part2 of the song : Piano and Strings of the multitimbral plugin in layer
Variation3 - Part 3 of the song: Piano and Organs of the multitimbral plugins in layer

USE WITH VARIATION
I need a rackspace with piano plugins and multitimbral plugin that i have to put 2 times . one for strings and one for organ
Variation 1 : Mute Strings and Organ;
Variation 2 : Mute Organ
Variation 3 : Mute Strings

Is it right???

USE AS RACKSPACE :

3 Different rackspace
rackspace 1 for variation 1
rackspace 2 for variation 2
rackspace 3 for variation 3

is it right ?

Now … the Questions is .
I create a rack called Piano that has two widgets in the main panel, i exprt it as rackspace file and import it 50 times in a gig file because i need to use it several times during my show.
If I need to add a widget control in the piano rack space… I have to edit all the 50 rackspaces ? :slight_smile: