Red Screen (ERROR?) on Exit

I have seen the red screen when my audio interface was not attached (or got disconnected).

But, I have always seen text on the screen. Your screen does not have any text?

Jeff

@pianopaul Yes - the issue occurs with all three - built in interface, XR18, and Babyface FS Pro.

Correct - no text - just a red screen.

@pianopaul - Just wanted to check back to see if you by any chance had an opportunity to play with the example gig file. Would love to have someone who owns Kontakt 6 give this a try and just see if it is easily reproducible for others. Really appreciate the offer to look at a small test gig and any time you may have put into it. Thanks!

@BryanD , I tested the gig file with a Babyface FS without any problem even in full screen. But I am on Windows, which distorts the result…

I tested with full screen on Mac, no issue.
But I am on M1.

@Hermon and @pianopaul ok - thank you for playing with it! And @dhj - thanks for the clarification that the red screen specifically means that the audio device is unavailable.

Still strange that this is happening (and the red screen on exit drives me crazy) but given the reply from @dhj on what the red screen indicates, and that it is only happening when I quit, and even then only when I quit from full screen - I will let it rest and assume that it will not create any instability until my setup proves that wrong. Thanks all!

Maybe double check that the cable to the interface/into the computer is fully tight and secure and (if that is not the culprit) try another cable.

Well - it also happens with the built in audio of a Mac - so can’t be cable related.

1 Like

Hm… Perhaps it is a video driver issue?
Are there any drivers available for Mac or it’s always the CoreVideo driver that is used?

I was looking at that screen shot again — I’m noticing that your mouse cursor is over on the left with black underneath — the red flash that Gig Performer generates covers the entire screen (see image below) and is a different shade of red. I am suspecting that something else running on your system is responsible for this.
Is the Kontakt plugin editor window open when you’re quitting?

Now I can reproduce when the Kontakt GUI is open.

This issue has been reported before for other NI plugins

2 Likes

And same effect with the new Kontakt 7

This may just be some Native-Instrument plugin editor graphic thing closing down.

I’m not going to worry about it any more

2 Likes

And with Softube Model 84 the same

Great - agreed and thx for taking a look. I will re-raise it if I find that there is any real instability. Other than that I am good with the theory of a close out timing/sequence thing that is inconsequential.

GP users have been using NI plugins since GP was first released in 2017 without a problem — this is not going to be a GP issue!

1 Like

Just noticed the additional post about the editor being open. No, it was not. Just was looking at the rack view with no pop ups or editors opened. And yes - I was noticing the shade (and apparent lack of transparency) difference between what I am seeing and what GP shows on an audio interface issue. But again - still satisfied with the theory of it being a plug-in close out detail and not worried about it any longer unless it creates a real issue. Grateful for all the troubleshooting and especially to see it recreated on someone else’s machine!