Program change from Set-list to rackspace variation

I would like to send PC from Set list song part to VST in rackspace variation, just like I can send it to outside MIDI gear:
Song_part

But I must be missing something, since PC doesn’t come through MIDI_IN (MIDI monitor is empty):

Any advice?

You have to check “Pass unused PC messages”

Sorry, it doesn’t work. What am I missing?

Use SendNow in gpscript. It will send a midi code through as if it came from the specified midi input module.

No - he’s trying to send a message to a plugin from a song part - your suggestion is about sending program changes from outside Gig Performer

Yep - you’ve found a buglet — I bet you have a rackspace with the same value as the program change you want to send. I was able to replicate.

Workaround — change the BANK Number for the rackspace to some unused bank – since you’re presumably not changing rackspaces via program change when using set lists, it doesn’t matter what bank number you use as long as you don’t use bank 0. I tested that and it works.

Edit: I’ve put this in our bug tracking system so it will get fixed ASAP although as I mentioned, the workaround is simple

1 Like

@dhj

I created a gig with 2 rackspaces, each 1 variation.
I unchecked pc assignements
Created a song with 2 song parts, 1st part uses rackspace 1 and 2nd part used rackspace 2
In the 1st Song Part I am sending a midi PC message to the used Midi In Plugin.
When “Pass unused PC messaged” is unchecked no PC message is coming in.
I see that in the connected Midi Monitor.
When “Pass unused PC message” is checked the PC message can be seen.

GigPerformerPC.gig (16.8 KB)

Yeah, understood but that was always intended for PCs coming in from the outside. If the PC is being sent from inside GP I think it should always go through. But Nebojsa May have a different perspective.

This is a little bug as @dhj mentioned so we need to see if there are any drawbacks of sending PC messages directly to MIDI In blocks from song parts. If we decide to implement this - we’ll let you know in the next release notes update. If you are in the beta group - you’ll know a bit sooner.

This was a great find - thanks for reporting it!

1 Like