SOLVED!_GP4: PA-unlocked on M1mac, my plugins are shown in "red"(missing)

The problem got finally solved,
if you have the same Problem as i, see on the bottom of this post, the "Solved window plus @rank13 s post. Thats it ! = you need to check the “load in Rosetta” checkbox to run it on a M1mac under rosetta. ----> otherwise will the VST and VST3 versions of the plugins NOT be available ! The aU versions are ! allways (there´s a post from @dhj much down in the thread explaining it, why)
I´m still not shure if its only the PA-unlocked version, and only on a M1mac or at least BigSur where this problem occours, anyway.

-----------------------------------OG Post:

Hello Giggers,

so i just updated to GP4. (PA unlocked version)
it loads with my last (in GP3) used GIG, but:
quasi all in that Gig used plugins are shown in red, as is in: “missing”.

i rescanned the plugins from the plugin manager dialog.
nearly all plugins are shown in green = ok ( a very few do not !) ( rescaned again, only two plugins remain there as not working)
So, from the plugin manager window, it looks all good ! …thats true for the AU, VST, VST3 versions ! All 3

-----> What can i do ?

further tests show this:
some (in the rack unused) plugins: i can´t load them new. They don´t pop up.

further tests show: my AUs would load it seems, but NOT the VST or VST3.
seems: all plugin alliance plugins seem to be affected,
also: my INA-GRM big bundle
also: Liquid sonics
—> now, thats exactly my most used plugins. Means in fact none of of my old gigs will work
further not laoding: Serato / Output / Cytomic / Kazrog / Surreal Machines / Matt Tytel / and probably several more.
( seems: all would/do load as a AU, but definitly not a sa VST/VST3 …which is what i have settled towards)

also:
do i have one plugin that is in the plugin manager shown as not working, but i can load it. it seems to work.
one seems NOT, its no longer in the ( backspace) plugin list shown

What can i do ?
as sayed, it will effectivly affect 100% of all my Gigfile work.

sorry, to bother you / …its unexpected

Have you reported this to Plugin Alliance? We know of no reason why those PA plugins wouldn’t work — many of us have been using them with GP4 during the beta/development process with no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

no, not yet. I wanted first to ask here.
…and if its a PA-GP release related problem should be here more folks with the same problem i´d guess.

As sayed, its many VST brands that don´t work ! …but only the VST and VST3 versions do not work. The AU versions of the plugins would work.

Looking at your answer, it tells me it must be something “to you” unknown.
So i suspect its something strange. And i´d guess now, i have to suspect that it indeed could be a PA-GP4 release related problem…

i will contact them.

Thanks dhj

ok, i contacted PA !

has anybody else here the same problem, or am i the only one ?

what i tryed:
i downloaded it again, reinstalled GP4, …the same problem remains

could this issue be related to the fact that i created a “script” ( as shown here to me) which allows to have the 4 different GP3 instances “ready” to be opened directly from the “toolbar” of the MacOs, you know, where you´d see the Wifi sign, clock etc. ?

It shouldn’t be a cause of the problem, as it’s just a script to open an instance. But I would keep the focus on resolving the issue in the primary GP instance first.

@Funky40 - going from GP3 to GP4 and opening a GP3 gig file cannot disable your plugins or change your plugin list.

Which plugins are shown in red? Are you using the PA Unlocked edition or their Subscription edition which can load only PA plugins?

i use the PA unlocked Version.

i mailed them, and also asked if it is thinkable that “they” screwed something versus doing their “bundled/locked” version

its probably 90% or a little more of all plugin manufacturers i have, that won´t load.
important ones and good Names: INA-GRM / Liquid Sonics / Plugin Alliance…some of these are in ALL my old Gigs. allways as VST3 or VST

as sayed: VST and VST3 Do not load / the AU versions of the same Do load !
But; all my presets for the specific plugins are VST3/VST versions…its not doable to just switch to the AU version…since, at least that how i understand it, …the AU plugin presets are not the same as the VST3/VST presets. Right ?

to be clear on this: these scripts for direct access of the 4 instances were made for the GP3.
I have NOT made anything with GP4.
So i take out from your post that there should be no relation to this, then.
Thanks ! that helps,…since it was a “possible” factor.

This sounds like folders where you typically keep your VST2/VST3 plugins changed?
Can you send a picture of your Plugin Window please.

I can do that, but: what do you exactly mean with “plugin window” ?

yeah, …its a strange problem and “something along that lines” would sound logic.

I meant the Plugin Manager window → Window->Plugin Manager

1 Like

i see. Here are some screenshots:
GP3 pluginmanager, lower part
GP4, same
on both: everything is green , no un-normalitis visible.

( the problematic ones vansihed now strangely, after i just updated macOs to BigSur 11.4, AND after a rescan of the problematic ones / but that plays no role here in fact / just mentioning it for completion )

then a screenshot of the backspace, same patch, GP3 and GP4

also to mention:
i installed in the meantime GP4 also on my macbook, also a M1mac thing.
I have there the exactly same problem !
its really weird.
Also: i´ve not heard back from plugin alliance so far

I noticed one of your missing ones is a plugin I have: Soundtoys PhaseMistress.

I have no issues with that (AU or VST) between GP3 and GP4 on my machine (MacOS Mojave).

Does PA offer both versions of GP4 for Mac: the ‘Universal’ and the ‘Intel Only’?

If so, have you tried them both?

Soundtoys website say they don’t support M1 yet. So does that mean that you would need to run GP4 in Rosetta in order for them to work? GP3 would have been running in Rosetta, which is then why they probably worked (but I don’t have an M1 so don’t know the details!)

1 Like

Interesting idea! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I bought the UNLOCCKED-Version from PA yesterday and I could not activate my version, I downloaded GP4 again, reinstalled it, I tried it online and offline, no chance.

I contacted plugin alliance and have no answer from PA so far.

So I have tried the trial version, that seems to be the GP4 PA-Version. There I have the same picture that you can see on Funky40s screenshots. All plugins are shown in red (except my PA-plugins).

1 Like

Windows/Mac? My understanding is that the regular PA version will only run PA plugins - so what you are seeing would be normal.

If you can’t activate the Unlocked version - then that is a different issue.

Windows, but I think, that is the mistake: I cannot activate the UNLOCKED version, because I can’t download it. I downloaded the UNLOCKED-Version from my account, I downloaded the UNLOCKED-Version from the webside as “Try for free”, but all installers are the same and install the GP4 PA-Version. I think that is the problem, I can only wait for the answer of the support.

sorry, i kind of think and write,…which makes it longer winded than you might prefer…
i´d say we are here up on something.
a short sum up:
The plugins that DO work on my M1mac as a VST/VST3 are (as far as i can see) ALL, plugins which are “native apple silicon ready” !!!
Also: the pluginAlliance GP4-unlocked, has no distinction between a “intel” and a “native apple silicon” version. It is just one Mac version ! (screenshots at the end)
…My guess now: here along all that must have happened something at plugin alliance.
and my furter thought: there is some communication needed between the Deskew developer Crew and PluginAlliance.

Thanks to everybody helping here !! Much appreciated

My Post with the Quotes:

Thank you very much !!!
thats a first hint towards that there is a problem with the PA-unlocked version.
Also = —> i´m not the only one with “that specific Problem”

(i´m on Mac / M1macs)

let me add here something in general:
The PA nomeklature seems confusing.
I personally do just look at the “unlocked” version as the “regular one” !
so, its the other way around: its not “unlocked” but the PA Version IS “locked”.
Also, and thats important to understand: you can´t buy the “PA (locked) one” as such.
It is only part of the subscription model,…and i´d guess that everybody who is buying GP3/4 from PA, knows that upfront. ( since you can´t buy the PA one)
I think i´ve seen here just onece a problem coming from a “subscription model GP3”.

so in short, under us, the regular GP users, is NO confusion on the table with the two differnet versions from PluginAlliance. at least it much looks like.

now something to something very interesting:

Huh ?..WoW

At PA, there is One GP4 version for the Mac ( we speak the unlocked one) .

Do you say, at Deskew original, there are two Mac versions ? one for intel Macs and one for apple silicon ?
With PA, thats definitly NOT the case !
…which could be a point…no ?

The patch was made in GP3 on a M1mac.
I run a M1mac since early dezember 2020 ( and only play on the M1mac since)
So, here is everything running on Rosetta, finally. automaticly.
All my plugins used in my patches, do work ! I´ve not donne one new patch on GP4.

But wait:
these plugins which do work, means—> also working as a VST/VST3 (since the AU version would run with any of my plugins / AU version not causing problems) are native apple silicon ready.

Fabfilter is native apple silicon ready. Pianoteq too. BlueCat too.
That small freeware thing from “CaleumAudio” is iirc too.
Ay look, U-He loads too, also native apple ready.
Ay, my polyverse plugins load too. ( again: we allways speak here VST or VST3 /since the problem is not present for the AU versions)
I installed the Polyverse plugins just tonight, and they are fresh “M1 compatible” ( seems that means they are “native apple silicon ready”.

OK, i can make out a pattern here, at least for my problem-case:
The plugins which are “native apple silicon ready” DO load as a VST/VST3 .

I´ve not tested them all, but most of them just right now.
also: i´m not totaloly aware what all is M1mac ready.
But hey, its kind of a granted thing now, THERE IS A PATTERN.
…THERE MUST BE A RELATION.
----> VST/VST3 versus “native apple silicon ready” and the Plugins that are not.

but @SirTommes, he says hi is on a windows machine…???

so, what are you using ?
edit: ahh wait i see !
so we two have not the same problem then…so i´m still a lone Cat, lost in space, haha :wink:

screenshots btw. from PA, download section for GP4-unlocked :slight_smile:

I know this download pages, but every time I load the “Unlocked Installers” I install the GP 4-PA Version…

I think, that is a the problem, that I cannot activate my "unlocked-"Version. But I’m on windows, perhaps I should try it on Mac.

Until now no answer from the support.

1 Like

sorry, the screenshots were not meant towards you.
i mean, the question is open: is the original deskew version a double installation thing vs. mac ? (Reaper for example is / or at least was when i installed mine)
or how is it handled here with GP4 ?
how is somebody who runs the deskew original GP4 (on a mac) knowing if he runs the Intel or the “native apple silicon” version ?
whats the deal there ?

@dhj

no reply either from pluginalliance

I too have the same issues. All of my plug-ins are missing. I mostly use PA.

Thank You

1 Like