Predictive loading - just two please

Can an option be added to predictive loading for just two please. My reasons are:

1. When I’m playing from an ordered set list, I just need one song ahead as I go
    through the list in set order not needing the previous song reloaded
  2. When I play from a larger song list and am jumping around randomly, I don’t need
    previous or next to be loaded either, and having just one extra song loading will
    make the loading process quicker (I think?)
1 Like

You know that as soon the red bar with the word predicting in it appears you can start playing?

That doesn’t work for me. My drum module won’t trigger until the song is green.

The reason for loading the current + previous/next songs is if you accidentally push to next/rev song during performance - you can instantly go back without missing a beat.

As @pianopaul said - as soon as your current song is loaded - you can play. GP will load the rest while you are playing so the speed should not matter.

1 Like

As I stated, the drum module wont trigger until the song is green. Which means I have to wait.

What drum module are you using and what does it not trigger?

I’m using Air Strike 2 drum vst. I’m sending a midi start command from my iPad over a wireless network. If I tap the BT pedal to trigger the iPad (which then triggers the drum), nothing happens while there is a predicting message on a red background. The drum simply won’t start until I get a full green message…

Just a test:

Can you place a widget on the rackspace to trigger the drum while there is a predicting message?
We should find out if this is a general issue or “only” a MIDI Issue while predicting.

I didn’t do that test as I’ve noticed that all the instruments need the green bar to play correctly. My thoughts were if the predictive was set to one, then the loading would be quicker than loading the current and one before and one after.