Plugin presets made in GP3, ....VST vs. AU, ---> same/same folder?

Hi,

(speaking mac here)
if i use a FX plugin as a VST, and save the preset of that plugin over the GP3 dialog ( you know what i mean, i hope…the icon in the upper right corner of the GP3 specific plugin window),
and if i do the same, but the FX plugin was loaded as a AU, and same as VSt3,

are these alle the same plugin specific “preset” found in the same folder ?
so i can load the same plugins preset into any of the three plugin formats, (VST,AU,VST3 )
or is this different for each format ?

i got recently a bit confused, since i found out that i have several folders wirh presets for the same plugins,…and sometimes can´t find my old presets,
and it seems also to make a difference if i save a plugins preset from wavelab or from GP3.
so i have right now quite some confusion.

( it was all good for me on my old macmini,…beeing since 3 months still in “transition mode”…do i deal with alots of small confusions,…and nothing is coherently organised so far.
i´d just check it myself otherweise…but prefer right now to get here some feedback on this “issue” from outside :wink: )

Plugin presets that you save through the GP menus are saved in folders that reflect the plugin format. So a preset for a VST plugin will be in a different location than one for a VST3 or an AU.
We do that because there is no guarantee that the information given to us by the plugin is the same regardless of the preset.

However, if you save a preset using a plugins’s preset management system, we have no control over what you do, where you put it, or what will happen if you load the wrong version.

1 Like

thanks dhj, this helps.

i was running into a problem, but i need to post in my other thread about “direct load of additional GP3 instrances”, …whne i had some time to check this all again