Plugin causing GP to crash

I am using GP on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra ver 10.13.6 with 16gb Ram.

I have a gig that has several rackspaces but one of them has a plugin installed that causes GP to crash immediately every time I select that rackspace. The Plugin is NI FM8 (Audiofile), it shows up in the Plugin Manager as present and working but I cannot access the rackspace without causing a crash and I get an error message saying the plugin wasn’t found which shouldn’t cause GP to crash anyway.

Is there any way of removing this rackspace or the problematic panel from the gig file without selecting it? I don’t relish rebuilding the whole gig.

Your help or guidance would be appreciated.

You can remove the current rackspace by selecting the circle with three dots at the top of the rackspaces list. To remove a panel, go to edit mode and right-click the panel you want to delete.
42%20AM
09%20AM

He can’t remove it if just switching to that rackspace is crashing it!

We need to understand why FM8 is crashing — that’s been a very reliable plugin. Are you using the latest version?

Probably the easiest thing to do is

1. Export all rackspaces
  2. Create a new gig
  3. Drag all the rackspaces (except the broken one) back into the new gig
1 Like

Hi dhj,

Thanks for the solution, I couldn’t see the wood for the trees.
That did the trick for me. Don’t know what the problem with FM8 is but will be re-installing Komplete next week with the new version 12 update so hopefully will all be sorted when that happens.

Cheers.

Hi RichW,

Thanks for you reply but as dhj said, that was not possible because I was unable to select the rackspace. All sorted now though.

I’d still like more details about that crash. I’ve been using FM8 for years, never saw any issues with it. Can you perhaps load just that broken rackspace into a new gig and see if it crashes?

Must have been a conflict with something else in the rack, it works fine on it’s own in a new Gig.

Hmmm, can you import that rack into your newly rebuilt gigfile?

Will try tomorrow, gigging tonight so have to start getting ready now.

Hi dhj,

Yes the rackspace imported into the new gigfile with no problems so far.

Hmmm, I hate when that happens :slight_smile: