Please Help: Intermittent Audio Glitches Using Ableton & Gig Performer

Mac Book pro 2018 with Catalina
RME UFX II

Testing dual displays now

Ableton Live 10.1

By the way, I would Never close the Mac display, it is Important for cooling

Are you using Virtual Desktops?

Just to eliminate the obvious — in trial mode, Gig Performer does disable audio for a few seconds at random times. But it doesn’t start to do that until GP has been running for a little while.

Could that be what’s happening?

1 Like

What happens when you close the lid of your MacBook? No power save modus or something like that after a time ? Did you check the power saving options to disable them (hope it makes sense on a Mac… I run Windows)

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in response, because I’m a new member there’s a comment limit so it blocked me for 24hrs.

So I took your advice and disconnected the external monitor. It seemed to work fine for the 15 mins I tested but I had to stop and haven’t had a chance to test again since. I have a good feeling this could be the reason.

Will test this weekend and try again. Really hoping that was the cause as like I said I really want to use GP for my live performances. Apart from this I think it’s a brilliant well thought out piece of software and it’s exactly what I’ve been searching for!

1 Like

@jamesorvis were you able to confirm that it wasn’t this ‘limitation’ of the trial version?

I’m another Ableton and Gig Performer user and have absolutely no issues with the two together (on a MacBook as well)

Yes it wasn’t trial, when audio cuts it doesn’t cause the issue.

The issue was really bad during the beginning when I started using Gp but I managed to reduce the issue by the following… DMG audio equality was set to linear mode which adds a lot of plugin latency. Soon as I switched to digital mode that cleared up the problem. But after a while I was still experiencing the issue but a lot less frequently. I do think it will be the external display (hoping!)

Even with this issue GP is still more stable than Arturia analog lab :rofl:

Is your external display a USB or a regular HDMI monitor ?

Sony 32” HD Tv

Even with an IGP which shares some memory with the CPU, you shouldn’t have problems using a second monitor. I really don’t understand.:thinking:

So the issue is with the DMG plugin?

That could be a possibility but what is wierd is how it messes up both Ableton and GP audio even though they are both separate if that makes sense? Maybe it’s the motu sound card? I’m confident that I can make things working knowing that you guys are running GP and Ableton successfully.

I think I will buy the license and just keep testing, maybe upgrade my motu, OS, Ableton etc. Try not using the monitor. Try dropping plugins and testing again until I find the stability I need.

When a plugin faces issues with the audio interface all programs using the same audio interface will have problems

So will it be compatibility issues with GP and possibly a plugin? All the plugins I use have been working perfectly for years in Ableton

What exact plugin are you using in GP which could lead to that issue?

I could check on my system with ableton live.
Can you upload your gig?

You can use Konsole to take a look at core audio if there are any issues with the audio system.

These plugs above I’m using in this rack