Pads to control Volume

Hello Community,

Since Gig Performer has powerful scripting possibilities, I would like to ask if you think that would be possible to solve:
I have a Behringer X-Touch with a lot of pads but obly one knob and one fader.
Is there a way to use 2 pads as for example vol up/vol down?

Thanks for support!

Behringer X-Touch

Which actually has 9 motorized faders, 8 knobs and 92 buttons… so i guess we are talking of diffrent devices. You should be more precise!

I think this is the giveaway: X-Touch One :wink:

Yeah, i think, this might most probably the model he was talking about…

@s_o_41
So, anyway: Yeah, it surely is possible to use GP Script, or maybe even better a Scriptlet, to control a parameter with two pads for +/-
But how big should the step-width be? Would it be sufficient to step in 1/10ths or should it be finer? If you want smaller steps, you will need a lot of button-presses to step from 0 to 75% (as an example).
Or you could use four pads each of two for for coarse / fine stepping - or maybe at least three pads, where one would “activate” coarse stepping when pressed.
There could also be time-based reaction to a pad-press, so the longer you press a button the faster the movement would be…
It would be cool, if you could tell us which approach would be best for you (or sufficient)… so that, no matter who will help you actually, won’t have to do the work twice. :beers:

1 Like

This scriptlet could probably be adapted:

1 Like

Yes mine is the shrunken one after washed to hot :wink:

1 Like