Opening Songs/Lyrics Editor via external controller

As my goal is not to have a computer keyboard (if so only for emergency use) on stage, and control everything via touchscreen / external controller, I was wondering if it is possible to open/close lyrics/chord editor via script or midi event.
I see that with scripts I can act on keystroke events, but I can’t create keystroke events (for as far as i found).
It would be great if I’m able to open/close lyrics/chord editor via a keypress on my Behringer X-touch for example.

There’s a GPScript function called ShowChordProWindow(show: Boolean ) so you could just implement a GPScript MIDI callback that responds to a key on your X-touch and then calls that function.

2 Likes

I searched in the Script documentation with the keyword Lyric, and could not find anything (As the window is called Lyrics/Chords editor). But its great that function is there indeed. So my problem is solved.

3 Likes

Finally got the chance to test this. Added an entry in my global script:

On NoteEvent(m : NoteMessage) from XT
  if IsNoteOn(m) and (GetNoteNumber(m)==1) then
    ShowChordProWindow(true)
  else if (GetNoteNumber(m)==1) then
    ShowChordProWindow(false)
   end
  end

And indeed it opens / closes ChordProWindow, but the pdf/png (the actual view tab) is only visible once. After that, closing and opening ChordPro window, the View tab stays blank (black in this case):

The only way to get the view actually showing content again is to close the ChordPro window, then switch to another song, then open ChordPro Window with .
When I then use the function call again, it works once, and after I have again “blank” screen

can anyone explain how that works!?

i would like to have a knob on my Keylab to open this window…

Use a widget, map it to your controller and use a script to open the Chord Pro Window

var BUTTON : Widget

On WidgetValueChanged (newValue : double) from BUTTON
  if newValue == 1.0 then
    ShowChordProWindow(true)
  else 
    ShowChordProWindow(false)
  end
end
2 Likes