One key chord play

Hi everyone! I’m new here and new to scripting as well. I was playing with GP scripting and I tried the following piece of code from the language manual,

// Declare a global variable var A800 : MidiInBlock // A800 is a named block in Gig Performer // Callback whenanoteevent(onoroff)isreceived On NoteEvent (m : NoteMessage) From A800 SendNow(A800, m) // Send the note to the A800 MidiIn block End SendNow(A800, Transpose(m, 5)) // Also send a transposed note

It worked but the notes kept playing even after I stopped playing. And when I played another note the same thing happened. So at the end all the keys I press just kept playing. I had to use the full reset button to reset the plug-in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :pray:
Thank you so much!

If you didn’t do some changes, this should work :thinking:
The issue is probably somewhere else…

1 Like

Sounds like the Note-OFFs were filtered somewhere somehow…?
Best thing if you made a new rackspace from scratch with just the necessary elements and try the script again.

1 Like

That’s a good idea!! :astonished: Thanks mate! :grin: I’ll try that… :+1:t3:

I’m not quite sure what the above is supposed to be but if I break it into proper lines so that it becomes readable, then you have a SendNow statement after the end of the callback. That won’t even compile

1 Like

Sorry about that :pray:t3: I posted it from my phone… I think it messed up the lines… it’s the example in the “language manual”… :blush:… I’ll keep in mind to post screenshots of the script in the future… :pray:t3::grin:

That should work fine — I assume your rackspace just has a single Midi In plugin (named A800) and is connected to a synth of some kind?

1 Like

Yeah… Well I named the midi in script handler to A500 and replaced the A800 in the code with A500… That’s the only change I did… And my Midi in is connected to a kontakt plug-in…

And you’re getting stuck notes?

1 Like

It’s like the sustain pedal is pressed so everything I play just stays sustained… If that’s called stuck notes yeah… :grin::sweat_smile:

Can you attach your gig?

1 Like

I’m not home at the moment… I will as soon as I go home…:+1:t3: my midi keyboard is a Roland A-500-Pro… and I haven’t fixed a sustain pedal to it…

Oh, that has nothing to do with the script. Sounds like your sustain pedal is inverted. If you open the global MIDI window and press your sustain pedal down, what do you see?

1 Like

That’s the thing… I haven’t fixed a sustain pedal… :sweat_smile:

This is confusing…you said it’s like your sustain pedal is down and then you said later you don’t have a sustain pedal?
So again, using the global MIDI monitor, press one note down only, what is displayed in the monitor?

1 Like

Although I do have a Behringer FCB1010 for the soul purpose of program change… I’m pretty sure it only sends midi program change messages… What do you think?

Sorry about that… what I meant is that’s what it sounds like… Basically the notes I play stays sustained without a sustain pedal…

I’ll be home in 20mins… I’ll check the midi monitor while playing the keys… :pray:t3:

Okay… just got home… The computer was just as I left it… And I did the script again fresh… and it works… :man_facepalming:t2:I don’t even know what to say…

Thanks for your time guys! I really appreciate it… Will post again if I’m in trouble… And I will test more before I post something again… In case it works on its own… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::pray:t3:

1 Like