Omnisphere gui not being displayed om mac os 10.5

Hey guys Im new to gig performer. Omnisphere in mac os 10.5 laptop will not display gui in audio unit version. If i change to vst version it displays. Wierd. It usually crashes also when i change the plugin.

Omnisphere is only supported from OSX 10.11 and above.

its an older omnisphere way before 10.5. not the newest stuff

On the GigPerformer support pages you find this:

Requires OS X 10.9 or above

So GigPerformer is not supported under OS X 10.5
But you could try a different renderer:
Preferences => Advanced => Graphics engine

Gig Performer requires OS X 10.9 or newer. It should not even run on earlier versions of OS X. Earlier versions of OS X do not have the frameworks sufficient to support Gig Performer.

Do you maybe mean to say OSX 10.14 ?

I don’t think so. He mentions that he’s using an older version of Omnisphere.

It’s not just the renderer — Gig Performer expects there to be certain frameworks (libraries) available on OS X for it to function properly. In the early days, we found we couldn’t even build Gig Performer for 10.8 (never mind earlier versions) hence 10.9 is the earliest version we can support.

Sorry i meant I have 10.10.5

I use 10.10.5

Ah - make sure you’re running the latest version of Omnisphere as well. When did this problem happen?

We did see that issue with maybe one or two plugins over the years and it is has something to do with the plugin’s ability to create its GUI. When that happens - we do what we can to display something so we create sliders for each of the parameters we find.

I think this was reported in other hosts as well and there is not much we can do. We ask the plugin for its UI and if it doesn’t give us one - not much we can do.

Sometimes a reboot does actually help and things go back to normal, but updating the plugin often resolves the issue.