Offline Mode and Hardware Changes

Another Brainspawn Forte conversion in progress - I don’t know if these two features are existing ones in Gig Performer or if these should be new feature requests. Two things I’ve used regularly in Forte for the last few years are offline mode and hardware change.

In offline mode, I can load a rack without any of my hardware connected in order to set up a fresh setlist. I use this feature regularly when I’m home but don’t want to set up my whole rig just to rearrange the setlist before the next show. I can then easily reload the rack after I get to the gig.

Another great feature in Forte was if I changed a device, such as a midi controller. When a rack would load, and it couldn’t find the hardware that was attached when saved, it gives me the option to switch out for another controller and re-save the rack.

Do either or both of these features exist in Gig Performer and I just haven’t found them?

Both these exist.

For ‘offline mode’, if you open up a gig file without an interface connected then GP will exchange these for virtual ports. Then, when you plug your interface back in it will re-assign them as required.

The controller swap is handled by the Rig Manager feature - you map MIDI controls to a set of Names and then map the Names to the widgets in GP. That way you just have to change the MIDI to Name mapping - which is very simple - rather than remembering which MIDI control was for which widget.

2 Likes