No Sound when out when plugin in / unpluging minijack, or other software boots

Hi

When Gig Performer is loaded and working, I get sound out, and is working perfectly. But when I plug inn / unplug the minijack when Gig performer i already opened, there is no sound out. It also happens if I open another program, and then there is no computer audio at all, and YouTube videos wont play. Everything else i performing as normal - I see the main output having sound, but I do not hear anything.

To fix it, I have to close all programs, and Gig Performer, and load the project again. If I get a similar problem on Windows (Using any daw/software, not Gig Performer), the sample rate is usually the culprit. Any idea how to fix this?

I am using the trial version of Gig Performer, and will definitely buy it if this problem is fixed. I am kind of scared that the jack might unplug during a concert, and I have to reload the project in the midle of a song. And when I use a lot of playback, that might be a disaster.

Mac Specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
2,4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB
C02M69QTFH00
macOS Big Sur

Hi @Sondre welcome to the forum.

By “jack” are you talking about plugging in your audio interface, or something else?

Also, what audio interface are you using?

I don’t think he’s using an audio interface at all, just the internal sound card of an older Mac. I don’t know what is the effect of pulling out the minijack. But it’s probably worth looking at the Audio options in Gig Performer after pulling the minijack out. It’s possible that GP switched to something else.

Thanks! I do not use an audio interface, its the headphone input from the Mac.

You really should be using an audio interface — even something like the MOTU M2 will have a huge impact on decreasing latency and improving sound quality.

In the meantime, please look at the audio settings in gig performer before you unplug and then again after you unplug (close the audio settings options in between those actions) and let us know what it shows for output.

Also, be aware that in trial mode, Gig Performer deliberately disables audio for a few seconds at random periods - that’s when you will see the RED screen for a moment.

When I plug in/out the mini-jack, or open another software that uses playback, a red box displays “Apply Settings” in audio setup. This also happens if I change the sample rate or buffer size. My guess is that every time something else with sound activates, Mac suddenly change sample rate or buffer size? Gig performer reads this as a change in audio driver and stops working, even though it was brief, and changed back to normal settings again. I don’t know if this is it though, but maybe its something.

Also, I updated my mac to the newest version, (which for some reason cancelled my trial?), and bought Gig Performer. I have not tried using an older version of Gig Performer.

What sample rate are you using in Gig performer?

1 Like

Thank you for make me check that out, It solved the problem! I used 44.1khz, but after changing to 48khz everything works great. Thanks a lot!

1 Like