Newbie Here. I have a couple of questions

Hello everyone. I am looking to replace my Yamaha Motif rackmount. I have been looking into several kinds of programs. Gig Performer seems to be the one I’m looking for.
Question #1…Do I need an internet connection to use this on stage?
Question #2…I will be loading this onto 2 laptops (2nd laptop as a backup). I plan on creating keyboard splits. Can I save these splits onto a thumb drive and transfer the saved split to the backup laptop?

I am completely ignorant right now as to how this works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

Not for Gig Performer itself – we are musicians ourselves — the last thing we wanted was to be forced to be connected to the internet on stage. You need to be connected to the internet to activate Gig Performer on a computer but once that’s done, you don’t need to connect again.
However, make sure you don’t use any plugins that require a connection to the internet :wink:

I don’t quite understand the issue here — if you install Gig Performer on two computers, you would just save the entire gig file and then load it on to your other computer. Everything you did on one computer will be available on the other — however you will need to make sure that the plugins you are using are installed on both machines and you will need to make sure that you use the same locations for such things as MP3 files etc

Thank you for answering my questions! I plan on using Kontakt. I’m a little intimidated by this whole process right now. I’m sure that when I start getting into it, I will have no problems.

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to ask questions … the users in his community are very welcoming and we all try to help. That said, do take a look at the online manual and perhaps even watch a few videos to start getting comfortable.

2 Likes

Hello @Michelle and welcome to the GP community forum. The transition to GP can be smooth as you can control instrument plugins together with you Motif until you can definitely replace it if it is what you want. It could be that you finally decide to keep it and use it as a MIDI controller. Well, everything is possible with GP.