Newbie Help Please

Hello GP Community,

After becoming completed disgusted with using MainStage, I’ve decided to try Gig Performer for my “live” keyboard set-up. While finding some aspects of Gig Performer VERY easy to use, I need some help figuring out the following:

1. Is there a way to create a “master volume” for layered sounds that have been sub-mixed, that will effect their individual levels but will change the overall volume of the combined sound.

2. Unsure how to save rackspaces in order to create songs and then put them into a set list.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

JP

1 Like

That should read “will not” effect their individual levels - sorry about that typo!

This is very easy, take a look at the pictures and the gig.
Created 3 Widgets: Master is mapped to the gain control just before the audio out.
The other widgets are mapped to the corresponding volumes of the Audio Mixer.

AudioLevels.gig (18.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you PianoPaul! This is a HUGE help, thanks again!

JP

As for the second part…

There is several ways to do this… If you are working with songs you could switch to the “Setlist/Song Mode” (the third button in the top left).

This is slightly different from MainStage as it allows you to have hundreds of songs reusing your rackspaces. You would create your rackspaces and variations to match your sounds and then for each song / song part you simply select which rackspace you want.

In this view you can also create any number of setlists within the same gig file.

If you want to keep the MainStage approach where one patch/rackspace is one song or song part - you can simply go to File->Export All rackspaces and select a folder where each rackspace is saved as an individual file. You can then drag and drop these files onto the rackspace list any time to import them into a new gig.

I suggest you spend a little time trying to understand how the Setlist/Song mode works as it may be working much better for you.

Hope this helps.