New Syntronik 2 from IK Multimedia

Did you include the stack trace that proves that the bug is in their plugin?

Yes. Itā€™s usually a fairly long wait to hear from IK. Iā€™ll post my results.

Soā€¦I FINALLY got a productive response from IK. After much back & forth, they finally had me check the sound content settings in Syntronik 2. It turned out, for some reason (probably an installation error), that there were two entries of Syntronik 2 sound content. I deleted one of them and this solved the crashing problem. :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting, how did you check this? :thinking:

Actually, it was their idea to check the Sound Contents settings. I sent them a screenshot of the settings. He said to empty the folder and see what happens. That immediately stopped the crashing. I then replaced the file locations one by one and it still would not crash. I then took a look at the screenshot and discovered the two entries of Syntronik 2. IK confirmed that was the problem after I mentioned it in a return email. The thing I donā€™t understand is the fact that I had never entered anything in that content folder. So it must have happened in one of several update installations.

It would have been nice if IK had answered in a more timely manner. At the first contact 2 weeks ago someone answered and said they were ā€œworking on itā€. They said the same thing 3 days later. Today I replied (nicely) that I was still having the problem. Within minutes I got a knowledgeable reply and we went from there.

2 Likes