N-channel mixer

how about an n-channel mixer, where the user defines the number of channels at creation? of course, the number of channels would be changeable later.

this again has to do with screen real estate. i don’t want any block to be larger in connection view than it needs to be, and sometimes i need a 5 or 6-channel mixer…and sometimes i change that later.

1 Like

I can not imagine how this should work…

@tonycore you can always replace an existing mixer with one that has more or less channels. Everything that can be preserved (connections, channel names, channel mono/stereo setting etc… )

And you don’t loose widget mappings, right?

djogon

29m

@tonycore you can always replace an existing mixer with one that has more or less channels. Everything that can be preserved (connections, channel names, channel mono/stereo setting etc… )

yes, i’ve done that many times - i’m thinking purely about block size in connection view; if i need 5 channels in a mixer i don’t want to use the space of an 8-channel mixer.

i also can’t imagine how it would work, not being a programmer…doesn’t mean i don’t want it!

Right now, there’s a global option to define the maximum number of ports on blocks. In a future version, we plan to have this controllable on a per/block basis. We need this to deal with some blocks that now only have HUGE numbers of ports so as to restrict them without impacting other blocks.

1 Like