MUTE ALL Widget?

Hi gang,

So I have all the tunes for a show setup in a setlist. There is a break in between, so I thought it might be a good idea to create a “Mute All” widget on the rackspace of the 1st tune of the 2nd set. That way I can have the set all loaded up and ready to go, but take away any CPU strain the plugins are imposing (about 35-40%) whilst it is sitting idle for 20 minutes.

I tried putting a switch widget on the rack and assinging it to all the synth plugins to be a “bypass” but it only seems to latch to the last one I select.

Other options? Thanks.
Joe

Why not make a null rackspace and call it set break… so you just have to walk up and go to the next rackspace/song to start set 2?

8 Likes

Damn…good call.
Just another case of overthinking!
That’s why Im here…

Thanks for the simple, yet excellent tip :wink:

Joe

4 Likes

A variation (no pun intended :slight_smile: on the above is to create a Rackspace with a Mute All switch (I connect it to a mixer just before my Audio Out) that is by default on (Muted) - or use a Brandon’s null rackspace idea which is very clever!
I then assign this variation to a song part and I map that song part to one my MIDI controller foot switches (FCB1010).
This lets me mute stuff in the global rackpace which is pretty cool. It also means I can assign the Mute switch to another controller to meak eit a global ‘unmute’.
Then one footswitch mutes/unmutes your entire rig. This is good for set breaks, but also if there’s feedback, power cut…anything where it’s like 'omg Mute Now!

1 Like

The “Mute” (blank) rackspace has served me well and was used on my Kronos so I could make sure no sounds were made on breaks. This became essential as I starting adding more sounds from GP to my setup. I use the Mute rackspace whenever I’m playing only Kronos sounds and it gets selected by the Kronos Setlist mode and Program Changes.

1 Like

Piggybacking off of Joey, is there a “Mute All” widget for general use? For instance, as I’m programming variations, I sometimes worry that I haven’t muted one instrument, etc., and if I could somehow have a button that mutes all (sort of like a “panic-reset, mute all instruments”) so that I can just click ON the ones I need, that’d be awesome. I know zip about scripting, so I may hit up ChatGPT if it’s only possible that route. One easy solution would be to just duplicate a variation that has everything muted, but I worry that the deeper I go, I may forget that it’s in there and accidentally switch to a muted variation in the middle of a show. Plus, I like the idea of a nice button…

No need for AI…

here is a small gg file with a little script, yu can expand the scheme accordingly to the number of mute buttons…

2023-04-25 18_55_57-Window

silencer.gig (74.0 KB)

var
muteMaster, mute1, mute2, mute3, mute4 : widget
muteGroup : widget Array = [mute1, mute2, mute3, mute4]

function silence()
var
index : integer
    For index =0; index < Size (muteGroup); index = index +1 Do
        SetWidgetValue(muteGroup[index],1.0)
    end
End

On WidgetValueChanged (newVal : double) from muteMaster
    If newVal >0.6 Then
        silence()
    end
End

5 Likes

Yep, I have a default blank rackspace between each song in every set list. I need to do that because I have a bunch of legacy songs where I use my internal keyboard sounds. So, I don’t want to trigger GP at all.

1 Like

Hah, I love Gig Performer. That’s perfect, thank you!

1 Like

UPDATE: Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Great that you could adapt it! Well done! :+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes