Multiple select and copy/paste in the patch workspace?

Hi,

is there a keyboard modifier (e.g. Shift, Ctrl) that you can hold in order to select multiple Blocks (e.g. a rectangle drag-and-select) to move/copy/delete them (instead of having to do one at a time)?

For example, if I have 8 inputs from the audio interface that I want to process with 2-plugins each, a Dynamic and an EQ, and then route them to a mixer (inserting these 16 blocks inline on each channel, coming from the interface and into the mixer) it takes a long time to create all blocks and then align them on the workspace, using only the right-click context menu.

If one could create 2x Blocks (e.g. Dyn + EQ) and align them,
then select them both and duplicate,
select those 4 blocks again and duplicate,
and finally select the 8 blocks and duplicate
you would have all the Blocks you need in approx 10 mouse-clicks.

Is this possible, and I’ve simply not stumbled onto the keyboard modifier combination yet or is the Block editing confined to single selection at this time?

cheers,
Blossi

Unfortunately it’s still one at a time. Multi block selection for exactly your purpose is on our list, we know this is needed.

wow, thanks for your quick reply dhj

adding this functionality + some other modifier shortcuts (like Caption) in the Block edit panel would vastly improve the setup process; please hurry this along :slight_smile:

cheers,
Blossi

We know :wink:

Yes, they know what we need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :innocent:

1 Like

…and we need what they know

3 Likes

A Block container (without any processing) would also be marvellous -
i.e. one where you could combine multiple blocks into one container and just have the in/out/midi connections passing through into the internal routing in the container.

Sort of like a folder with a pre-set block setup (that could then be easily copied and pasted)

cheers,
Blossi

1 Like

One more thing they already know :slight_smile:

2 Likes