Mod Wheel Slider widget reset on patch/variation change

Greetings GP Community,

I just purchased a license for GP a few days ago and having a blast working with the product.
Hats off to the GP team and designer for such an amazing product and the support community for the great information!
This is my first post, so forgive me if this has been covered already and/or I haven’t posted my question in the correct place.

I’ve created a rackspace with two plugins (piano plugin and string pad plugin) controlled by a single keyboard on the same midi channel.
I want to have my Mod Wheel control the volume of the string pad plugin which I have done using a slider widget and assigned to the string pad plugin.
I create two variations of this:

1. piano with the string pad volume off
  2. piano with string pad volume at 75% (based on the slider widget setting).

I’m playing on variation 1 and I decide I want to add string pad using the mod wheel, that works great.
But if I select variation 2 and come back to variation 1, the string pad volume is back to where I left off; I don’t want this, I want variation 1 to reset back to piano only and no string pad volume.
How do I go about resetting the volume of the string pad back to zero when I select variation 1 (back from variation 2?

I hope my question makes sense.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions…

Can you upload the gig file?

Switching variations does not reset the widget values. If you use the Setlist feature of GP, the song parts are links to variations - and switching back and forward between song parts WILL reset the widgets back to their original value.

1 Like

ArturiaTest.gig (140.9 KB)

Have you yet tried to use "the “Ignore Variations” option for that widget?

ArturiaTest.gig (142.4 KB)
Try this, switch to SetList Mode

1 Like

Thank you Paul, I’m starting to see the light.

In the new gig file, I now have setlist with songs.
I then assigned the Program Change numbers to the song parts so that I can switch through each patch with my controller and got the mod wheel to do what I wanted.

This is fantastic, thank you!

1 Like