Missing setlist/songs

I created a setlist in one gig. Normally, when I make a new gig or open another gig file, I can see the setlists I created in other gigs. Today, I added a song to a setlist and when I open that setlist from another gig file, that new song is missing. The setlist is there, but not that new song. I go back to the other gig, I create a duplicate of the setlist, hoping that will show up. When I open the other gig file, that duplicate setlist is not there at all. As I said, this seems like unusual behavior, normally I can see all setlists from all gigs. What is going on?

Really: Why should Gig Performer know about Set Lists in other files?

1 Like

I’m not sure. But how come I can see all other setlists I created in the other gig file, except for this one?

Your comment made me think. It’s been a while but I think I might have created the second gig file by renaming the first one and it already had some of those setlists in it. That would explain why the old setlists are visible in both. Doh! (Homer Simpson moment… Lol)

I do not see an export setlist option, only export all songs in setlist option. Is that the only way to import a setlist from one gig file to another? I already have the same songs in both (under all songs) just the setlist combination is what’s different. So technically I do not need to import the songs themselves…

A song without all the rackspaces needed to play it does not make much sense if you think about it. So exporting just a setlist somehow would result in your songs not having any sound.

You can export songs and import them and GP will try to figure out and reuse rackspaces properly. Then you can arrange the songs any way you want.

If you want to export all setlist you’ve made to another gig file - you can just use Save As and save your gig file as another one.

1 Like

What happened in my case, is that i had the same regular rackspaces in both gig files, but vastly different global rackspaces. Even the same songs, but one was designed to be played with a full band, the other with background tracks (MFP) and different plugins in the global, That’s why in this case, i just needed the setlist only, and it would have produced sound, but what you’re saying makes sense in most situations.

I just exported/imported the songs in the setlist and GP did ask if i wanted to reuse my existing rackspaces, so that was good. :+1:

Actually, I’d argue that having an export setlist feature would be useful, even one didn’t have the same rackspaces and didn’t produce any sound upon importing it. It would still save a lot of time setting up song titles and parts. Perhaps I’d want different rackspaces used for those same songs in a different gig file on purpose.

Just to find out if I undertand correctly:
You need a possibility to export a SetList whithout rackspaces assinged and this you can import again.'Then after import you assign your desired rackspaces?

Wouldn’t in this case a simple removal of your rackspaces, the creating or importing the new ones and assigning those to the song parts just work?

Assuming that most gig files already have rackspaces (presumably the ones one would like to use in the songs)

It would, just seems like more and slower work. Export rackspaces from A gig file, delete existing and import rackspaces into B gig file, vs exporting and importing essentially a tiny list file. But yes, doable! :slight_smile:

Essentially yes. It’s similar to what happens now when you export all the songs in a given setlist and then re-import them but you already have the rackspaces with the same name (which gig performer recognizes and gives you the option to import or not). It just involves an unnecessary step of exporting the individual songs themselves, since I’m only after a master list (song list with song parts).