MFP always in 4/4 mode

I just tested it in Gig Performer and in Logic — it works perfectly fine.

I bet Track1 was turned off. In GP, if you disable the first track of that song “Track1”, then the MIDI file plays significantly more slowly.
This is because that track is no longer processed and so the time signature and tempo events in that track are being blocked hence you just get the defaults.The time signature just shows 4/4 and the BPM has the default 120 BPM (see first image)

If you enable Track1, then both the time signature and the BPM are correct (see second image)

@dhj Not sure if you were replying to me or not, but I am still seeing the MIDI file player tempo played at half the speed of the metronome…12 beats on the metronome equaling 6 beats in the MIDI player, with both set to 12/8 time and 189.7 bpm. As you can see, Track1 is enabled in this example. (Watch with sound on)

I cannot reproduce.
How looks your script?

I just added the script to get a visual of the Bars changing, in addition to the sound of the metronome cycling through…

On Timeline(bar : integer, beat : integer)
    1:1 Print("Bar1")
    2:1 Print("Bar2")
    3:1 Print("Bar3")
    4:1 Print("Bar4")
    5:1 Print("Bar5")
    6:1 Print("Bar6")
End

The metronome count is correct—12/8 time @ 189.7 bpm is a fast count. The MIDI file from @Charrinho plays at half that speed in the GP MIDI File Player, as he noted:

As this reacts on the global play timeline, did you set 12/8 here too?

It’s in the video I posted above.

Strange, in my test it was OK
But I enabled sync in the MIDI File Player and then started by pressing the global play.
You started play in the MIDI File Player.

Can you test with this MIDI File?
zwachtel.mid (142 Bytes)

It’s correct with your file.

OK, can you upload your MIDI-File?

My initial test was the file from @Charrinho above.

OK, loaded les filles.txt into Ableton Live and exported to a new MIDI File.
The New file has a lower resolution, just 96, instead of the original 384.

And with the lower resolution it is working correct.
Seems that this high resolution of the MIDI File is the root cause.

1 Like

I just did a few more tests — there seems to be a problem with the display of beats but the MIDI file itself is playing at the same speed in both GP and in Logic Pro (for example)

1 Like

Yes, my mistake.
The bar/beat count is incorrect, not the actual play speed of the file.

GP is playing half a speed in fact.

Why?
In the Video of @dhj it is shown that the Tempo is the Same.

Compared to what? I loaded the file into GP and into Logic Pro (and actually also into MOTU Digital Performer) and all three play at the same tempo, despite the disparity in the display of bars/beats.

yes dhj, we’re talking the same sorry. there is a disparity in the display of bars/beats ( half the speed ) the the tempo is the same. I’ll try tomorrow with another song. thanks a lot for the help.

No need. Probably a stupid mistake in calculation somewhere. It’s on our tracking system to fix

1 Like

Hello, the sync problem is still present. someone nows how to solve it please ?
a midifile in 6/8 - 12/8 doesn’t play in sync. thank a lot for your help.