Mapping parts of song or rack for on the fly switching

Can anybody please help me on how to map out different parts of the song to trigger on a pad or controller please. like if I have a trigger pad and I want to switch from intro to verse without having to click how do I make you learn or assign a pad to the different parts of a song. Is there a way to do it?
While we’re at it also how does one map let’s say different racks to a different pad. I got the whole concept of the widgets and assigning to specific parts of the plug-in but is there a way to map the racks or parts of a song to a controller for switching on the fly without having to click? Thank you in advance.

In the Song Part Properties you can assign an PC message number for this part.
Now when your controller sends this PC message number the part is selected.

If you want to map the same controls to all your song parts (for example 5 buttons on your foot controller to 5 parts of any song) you would go into the Setlist options and assign those 5 buttons to song parts 1 - 5

Now you can press buttons 1 -5 in any song and GP will jump to the corresponding song part.

We have finally released the new user guide for v3. You can get it here: https://gigperformer.com/downloads/docs/GigPerformer3UserGuide.pdf

Page 93 explains that process in particular, with screenshots.

@pianopaul is also right - you can assign a specific PC message to a part, but you’d typically use PC messages to jump to a song and then use the Song Parts assignments to switch between the parts

Excellent information!!! I love the set the first 5 parts to buttons for any song option. could you point me to where on the manual I would find how to set PC messages. For switching songs on the fly? Thanks for all the help @djogon @pianopaul

There’s nothing to do there really - each song will have a number next to it - send that PC message in while in song mode and GP will jump to that song… That’s it.

You do not need to set up anything special.

Thank you. How do I send the PC message though? That’s where I’m confused. Thanks @djogon

I do not know what kind of MIDI controller you’re using. Many will have the ability to send Program change messages somehow or you would be able to program it that way.

Other than that - ANY button on your controller can be used to go to Next - Previous Song. Simply learn that in the same place where you are learning the parts - there are mappings for next/prev song / part.