Make the title dominant and hide the widgets/Also reverse toggle switch label

Ok, my two requests for help are a little different than the usual:)
Request 1.
Because I control widgets from an iPad using #CCs, I don’t need manual control over the widgets once a song is complete. Is there a way to make the label I use as a main title (see screen shot) hide all the widgets? I’ve tried adding another label over the top but then I lose the colour of the rack pane, and I don’t want only black showing on all my titles. Any thoughts on this please?

Request 2.
Because I live down under in NZ, I’d like the option of the toggle switch to have down as on and up as off. Before I toured the US in 2015 whilst driving R66, I didn’t really believe that your toggles were opposite to ours. But they are! Any chance of this option being made available?

I can understand this, you problably even don’t need its whole rackspace once a song is complete :wink:

You can set the color of the border to transparent and set the color backgroung of the text label to an identical color than the panel background. That’s the only solution I see for this. I don’t know if it is satifying for you…

I can’t find the editing to to do this.

@bigalminal

Number 1 in the description doesn’t hide the widgets.

It’s ok, I figured it out. Thanks.

Oups, sorry @bigalminal, I didn’t remember you cannot change the background color or text labels, but the method proposed by @Hermon is equivallent. To hide the other widget you have to set the background alpha channel to non transparent (FF) and to bring the panel to the top (right clic on Windows and choose “bring to front” in the pop up menu.

But why hide widgets?
To get more place for the text label?
What about creating a blank panel above and place the text label there?

I would agree. Just add a 4u panel to the top and dedicate that to the title.

Believe me, to preserve your mental health, it’s better you don’t know too much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: « Tastes and colours… » as we say in French…

Men in Black ?

1 Like

I’m usually close to my audience and they can see my Surface. It looks messy if I have a lot of widgets as well as the title. And as I said at the start, once the song is complete, I never manually touch the widgets as everything is under iPad control. Ex Forte users will remember the performance mode where you could have any picture displayed. For instance, when I played Eleanor Rigby, I used to display a pic of the grave stone with her name on it.
Ps can the text colour be changed to black or anything but white?

You create a new empty 4U panel and place it ob top.
This way the widgets in the other panel would be moved down and therefore would be not visible.

Don’t do that in rest houses!!!

This is an interesting feature request, I would like to benefit from this too. as well as “picture panels” by the way…

Ha, ha, ha, (rolling about with sore ribs and stomach). Correct, never thought about that.

In Forte, the picture took over the whole screen. It was very impressive. I used to look for appropriate pictures on the net to suit the song. And you could still add a title as well. Performance mode was activated by a key press.

OK, but the idea is not to transform GP in PowerPoint, I hope… :grimacing:

1 Like